Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB SB dinner jacket

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I'm looking for a SB dinner jacket and trousers to replace my current one because I noticed I was showing half an inch of sock on the weekend and there's no material to let out. Either shawl or peak will do. Preferably pre-1960s. It must be high waisted with brace buttons, though a fishtail back isn't necessary (though preferable).

I wear a 38" chest, 31" or 32" waist and 31 1/2" to 32" inside leg. Sleeve length of 24" or just over is preferable as this is a dinner jacket and showing the correct amount of shirt cuff is more important than with an ordinary suit.

I haven't decided on a maximum price yet, so please let me know if you have a DJ which meets my criteria.

Edward

Bartender
Make sure you have a trawl of eBay too. Presumably due to it having been worn much less often, vintage black tie wear seems to have a much higher survival rate than its lounge counterparts. More of it, and cheaper. You're about right for the average sizes I see these things turn up in, too. I wouldn't be too worried about having to have a few small alterations, either - you'll still come out far ahead of the new price, and for superior garments for the most part.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I had a look on ebay before posting this. No SB dinner jacket. The vintage shop in Nottingham has a lovely 40s dinner jacket which would fit me without needing any alterations, but as fate would have it it's DB (I want a SB one because I have a wonderful hardly ever worn black waistcoat).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg