Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wise words to live by (jacket related)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
- when you have a jacket you love so much, don't buy something similar.

- when you want a jacket to get more wear hang it on the spot you see on the way out

- lived in jacket looks can only be reached when you use its pockets

Those are things i believe, please add more so we can learn together and reach enlightment

-Jackets are just clothes and 99% of the people around you don’t even see them, notice or care.

-learn from your past purchases. Remember what they taught you.

-Quality is priceless but not necessarily expensive…it’s also never cheap.

-clothes don’t make the man. Never have. Own what you own.

Edward

Bartender
Definitely work out what is the right size and fit for you. Sometimes a different pattern in the same size is what will work best on your body.

Don't overthink - or try to overdesign - it. I've become a believer in buying a stock design that has the features you want rather than trying to make it into something it's not.

Ask not whether your jacket is too short; ask instead whether the waistband of your trousers actually reaches your waist.

floater

New in Town
- you need to have at least 1 leather jacket that’s not black or dark brown

- don’t buy a jacket just because it’s a great deal but it’s not really your style or size

There are already enough leather jackets in the world. Buying second-hand is more fun!
…as others state, buying custom is not a guarantee of superiority.

Don’t fear your significant other, they will be happy if you are- we all have weaknesses. Hiding doesn’t help.

Last edited:
- perfect fit isn't necessarily the preferred fit.
- never settle for a (cheaper) alternative! Buy exactly the jacket you want, no matter the cost because otherwise, you are devaluing yourself.
- do not think about the price in terms of other things. As in, do not translate the price into other objects. "But this jacket costs like an used car!". Do you want a leather jacket or a car?
- always trust the maker. Always!
- copy will never be an original.
- you will change but you will always wear clothes.
- clothes don't make a man per se but they make a man's reflection. One doesn't exist without the other and what you war is the basis of someone's initial impression of you. Dress accordingly.
- Ship John is an overpriced scam.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
this is only for my own taste:
- when the original jacket design is made with fabrics, making the leather version of said jacket is not necessarily an upgrade
- on the other hand when the original jacket design is typically made in leather, then making it with fabrics is definitely a HUGE downgrade
-be very careful with bi color leather jacket, instead of more versatile they are most likely always feel too loud and never get worn .
- you haven't truly wear your leather jacket until you get rained on while wearing it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KalterKrieg72