Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winchester Hat Bodys in "rust" color.

RJR

Hello Friends. Im looking for any good pics you may have of the color "rust" in a Winchester rabbit hat body. Thanks! :)
Hat-Bonafied Rust 2.jpg

Here's a couple of pics in different light.
Hat-Bonafied Rust 1.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hey thanks Art but I was under the impression that Winchester doesn't offer that "rust" color in beaver. Only in rabbit. Was I mistaken? I've heard?/read? that that rabbit rust hat body was a real "bear" to work with... any feelings abt that? Thx.

Last edited:

Moviehats

One of the Regulars
Hey thanks Art but I was under the impression that Winchester doesn't offer that "rust" color in beaver. Only in rabbit. Was I mistaken? I've heard?/read? that that rabbit rust hat body was a real "bear" to work with... any feelings abt that? Thx.
Call Winchester and ask them. They have no requirement on how many you order and Greg and the ladies there are very helpful. I don't see Rust in 100%, but in 50% it is listed. All their felt is easy to work with and I am always pleased with my results.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Call Winchester and ask them. They have no requirement on how many you order and Greg and the ladies there are very helpful. I don't see Rust in 100%, but in 50% it is listed. All their felt is easy to work with and I am always pleased with my results.
Good idea. Thx. I will.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I have 100% beaver rust in stock , they will dye up your own if you buy at least 12. They will simply add 12 when they dye up rust in rabbit. Like I said, there is an investment to be made, you cannot buy just one in 100% but it can be had. Bob, that's one of the 1952 bodies and I actually have one of those colors if you desire, just reach out.
I misquoted above, if you can add them to an existing dye, 12, it you need a special run, 24, if you need a special color, 36

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Now Im even more confused bcuz I spoke to Winchester this a.m. and the woman that answered the phone said their rust color was either all rabbit or a 50/50 blend of rabbit/beaver...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I have 100% beaver rust in stock , they will dye up your own if you buy at least 12. They will simply add 12 when they dye up rust in rabbit. Like I said, there is an investment to be made, you cannot buy just one in 100% but it can be had. Bob, that's one of the 1952 bodies and I actually have one of those colors if you desire, just reach out.
I misquoted above, if you can add them to an existing dye, 12, it you need a special run, 24, if you need a special color, 36
Thank you Sir. I'll b in touch soon.

Bob, I have 2 staple rabbit in hand color, rust.
Gladly make you a hat, and do a fantastic pounce, and luring. Would provide a superior product. If you don't like it, send it back and I'll refund you on the price of the hat. If interested let me know.

Can't beat a money back guarantee, Tim! Alley Kat, the Craftsman of hats!

Does Craftsman still offer no-questions-asked returns on tools?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Bob, I have 2 staple rabbit in hand color, rust.
Gladly make you a hat, and do a fantastic pounce, and luring. Would provide a superior product. If you don't like it, send it back and I'll refund you on the price of the hat. If interested let me know.
Thank you. Very nice of you to offer Tim. I appreciate it. Im working on obtaining that orangish/rust colored hat body in the pic. Winchester makes nothing really in that particular color. Thanks again!

RJR

Thank you. Very nice of you to offer Tim. I appreciate it. Im working on obtaining that orangish/rust colored hat body in the pic. Winchester makes nothing really in that particular color. Thanks again!
Hat-Bonafied Rust 3.jpg

Bob,I had a chance to get a pic of Winchester rabbit in bright sun,this is pretty close.It may be that the beaver hood takes the dye a little differently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth