Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

white hats

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That size will work for me;) but in all seriousness if you want to do some hat trading let me know I have many 7-1/8s. If not, enjoy, its a terrific find:eusa_clap

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
From the response I'm guessing white is a pretty rare color to find on a vintage hat.

What would you guess is the estimated value of the Mallory? In other words, how much you would you pay for it? I'm a little in the dark in this area. [huh]
Thanks.

thunderw21 said:
What would you guess is the estimated value of the Mallory? In other words, how much you would you pay for it? I'm a little in the dark in this area. [huh]
Thanks.

Two different questions, I'd say.
What I'd estimate its value to be greatly exceeds what I'd pay for it, because I'm not made of money and because I know that bargains are still to be had, as your recent acquisition clearly illustrates.
What you have there, as you are now aware, is a lid many an old-hat fancier would kill to have in his collection.
Congrats on the great score.

DOUGLAS

I can't seem to get your Mallory out of my mind. Please post some somw pics of you wearing it so I can live vicariously:)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
I'm sorry, $3 each? Amazing luck on the Mallory. I agree with others to replace the ribbon as the easiest solution.

Barring that, and ignoring NaTC's propaganda (sell to him? sheesh, might as well throw it in the bin right now - he's a known "red" don'tcha know?), sell it to me!

bk

Actually, they were both 25% off, so more like $2.25 each. :)
I don't know about replacing the ribbon, on one hand a wider ribbon would cover the stains without the risk of cleaning it but on the other hand I don't want to alter it.
I think for now I'll just leave it be until I become more experienced in hat care and cleaning.

How about, say, a battle extraordinaire. The last man standing/alive gets the hat. The only rules are no hits below the belt and hands off the opponent's hat.
:fedora:

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
I can't seem to get your Mallory out of my mind. Please post some somw pics of you wearing it so I can live vicariously:)

Your wish is my command.

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1083.jpg

:D

Edit: I see I'm getting a bit shaggy. Another good reason to wear a hat.

DOUGLAS

Thanks. It looks great man! It looks like it fits pretty well also. Drats

funneman

Practically Family
I love the wallpaper in the background. With that hat and the t-shirt,
you look like you're hiddin' out with Bonnie and Clyde on some Iowa farm.

thunderw21 said:
Your wish is my command.

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1083.jpg

:D

Edit: I see I'm getting a bit shaggy. Another good reason to wear a hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally