Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whippet - 7 5/8 Oval (on Ebay)

varga49

One of the Regulars
Hey Alan...

~ desperately looking for a solution to the rising prices on ebay~We could go in halfs for it? We could each wear it 6 months out of the year ! If JP wants in we could rotate ever 90 days!

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
I love it when a plan comes together...

varga49 said:
~ desperately looking for a solution to the rising prices on ebay~We could go in halfs for it? We could each wear it 6 months out of the year ! If JP wants in we could rotate ever 90 days!

Can a 7-3/4 guy get in on this? I could apply a stretcher to it for a while and then dunk it in hot water before passing on to the next guy!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
varga49 said:

I want in.

This thing... may not end inexpensively. That's my thinking. :D

varga49

One of the Regulars
Zemke Fan said:
Can a 7-3/4 guy get in on this? I could apply a stretcher to it for a while and then dunk it in hot water before passing on to the next guy!
heck yeah Zemke...Every year or so we can send it over to Art for some maintanence!

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Barry said:
http://tinyurl.com/9qsco

Thought some of you (including myself :p) might be interested in this.

Barry

JEEZ!!!

This is what is causing his auction fever. I'm so dissillusioned with trying to get decent hats that actually fit on E-Bay. It's such a gamble when it comes to size. So you spend well over a $100 on a lid that may not even fit.:rage: :rage: :rage:

photobyalan

A-List Customer
varga49 said:

Ahhh..but WHICH six months do we each get?

Maybe we could just make it into a real timeshare and sell the hat to 26 people, each one gets it two weeks out of the year. We'll need someone to draw up papers for this. Is there a shyster in the house?

varga49

One of the Regulars
HMMMMM!!??

Mr. 'H' said:
JEEZ!!!

This is what is causing his auction fever. I'm so dissillusioned with trying to get decent hats that actually fit on E-Bay. It's such a gamble when it comes to size. So you spend well over a $100 on a lid that may not even fit.:rage: :rage: :rage:

Perhaps your right! What size is your noggin Mr H ? Maybe we can form our own secret "Society of the Gourd" gotta be at least 7 1/2 to even be considered! we could collect all the large hats :p :p :p

boomerchop

One of the Regulars
Zemke Fan said:
Hey, if 7 3/4 can be included, count me in!

Are we down to a month each yet?

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
"Moderator, Moderator!"

Can we get a new rule enbargoing all 'town heralds' who announce to the high heavens all good finds on EB?

Say there are now 20 FL members who are very interested in this hat now as a result of Barry announcing it. So, there will be 19 dissapointed FL people.

Now, say that it wasn't announced on the FL. There would be lets say only 5 FL members who would see it and would be interested in it. So only 4 FL people would be dissapointed.

Do you follow my logic?:drum:

Barry

Practically Family
Zach R. said:
I posted a topic discussing outing auctions, hopefully something can be done.

I was about to feel all sad and sorry that I posted that message until I read one of your other posts (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=5828). If the mods want to delete my thread, fine. The damage is done at this point. However, I will not post anything else about larger size hats or anything else on Ebay anymore.

:cheers1:

Barry

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Barry, I actually regretted the tone of my last message, my friend.

My gripe is with the elusiveness of getting a good hat, not with you my friend!

So, apologies and best wishes.

Mr. 'H'.

:)

Barry

Practically Family
No worries, apology accepted.

In retrospect, posting it wasn't a good idea. I actually had second thoughts about doing it myself. I should have looked back through the other postings of E-Bay auctions - if I had I would have realized that for the most part after the 6th or 7th posting people were getting a little bit upset. I think that when I posted the auction for the larger hat (I don't see these popping up quite as often as the others) the anger/upsetness finally reached its peak.

I'm going to refrain from posting the E-bay auctions. I think that you and Zach and FedoraLover are right about that. I'll just leave it up to people to do their own searching. Otherwise it just creates too much competition & frustration amongst FL members.

Barry

Zach R.

Practically Family
Barry said:
I was about to feel all sad and sorry that I posted that message until I read one of your other posts (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=5828). If the mods want to delete my thread, fine. The damage is done at this point. However, I will not post anything else about larger size hats or anything else on Ebay anymore.

:cheers1:

Barry

Actually, my comment wasn't directed at you, it was just at auction outing in general, I didn't mean to come off as attacking one individual person.

And my post in that thread you posted was more of a veiled "you shouldn't be posting these here" comment as well.:p

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SirLorial