Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
p71towny said:
Mine is from the first forum I joined in 2001. When I was researching ways to mod my Town Car I found that the police Crown Victoria parts would bolt right on. The P71 is the VIN code for a police vic, and towny, well, short for town car. It now has WAAAY better parts than a police vic, but the name has remained on every forum.

Is the Town Car mentioned here a Lincoln Town Car?

rue

bump

Since I already spilled the beans about 'rue' not being my real name somewhere and then later found this post, I thought I better elaborate :)

It's a nickname. I had a friend years ago that used to call me rue after pooh bear's friend. My real name is the other name for Ericaceae ;) My mom wanted to name me Éireann (pronounced EYE-REE AN), but thought that they would call me Irene in school, so she went for her second favorite. Later it turned out it was a favorite for thousands. Anyway, I've been going by rue for years, except by family members and my husband.

MariantheLibrarian

Familiar Face
Mine is from The Music Man:

But when I try in here to tell you, dear
I love you madly, madly, Madam Librarian...Marian
It's a long lost cause I can never win
For the civilized world accepts as unforgivable sin
Any talking out loud with any librarian
Such as Marian.....Madam Librarian.

I was curious if that's where this came from. I've had 2 P71 Vic's. Those 4.6's are great motors!

Mine is from the first forum I joined in 2001. When I was researching ways to mod my Town Car I found that the police Crown Victoria parts would bolt right on. The P71 is the VIN code for a police vic, and towny, well, short for town car. It now has WAAAY better parts than a police vic, but the name has remained on every forum.

Dr Kilroy

One of the Regulars
Dr Kilroy is the name of this Lego minifigure:

dscf3436.jpg

:)

Best regards, Dr

Miss Peach

One of the Regulars
My boyfriend one day just randomly called me "Miss Peach" because of my red hair and pale skin--most friends end up addressing me as Miss in front of my given name...I must exude formality :p oops.

Michael Carter

One of the Regulars
I had a problem with registration when I signed up and I clicked on the Facebook link thinking I had to go through their site to register here. It grabbed my real name and I couldn't change it without creating another account.

Being from German stock myself, I usually sign up as Herr Walther at most boards as I am a collector and researcher of Walther firearms.

One Too Many
The fact that I am a complete newbie to all things vintage, Golden Era, and style in general. I came into this place to learn, to be taught and to acquire information. There is always something I don't know. As such, I am a neophyte.
All time, all people have anything to learn, inclusive when the man die, in this time is learning to die.

scooter

Practically Family
Well, when I was still in the Marines, one of my old motorcycling buddies referred to a group of us as "scooter trash". I kinda liked that, and have used some form of scooter, with or without an addendum ever since. Many know me as scooter_dude, not, as one of my old buds refers to me, scooter_DUD! LOL

Mr Badger

Practically Family
The fact that I only shave about once a month (more if I'm attending a pukka social event) and the grey that's rapidly populating my whiskers makes me look like one of the more irascible woodland creatures featured in childhood fave The Wind In The Willows...

Badger:

61944_10150277412525471_725635470_14911092_8172469_n.jpg

Mr Badger:

0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun