Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

So much filet mignon talk. Grilled filet with "rosin baked potatoes" (baking potatoes boiled in heavily salted water) then baking at a high temp until the skin becomes very crusty, the skin becomes potatoe chip like and the interior is soft and creamy, green beans because ???????
"LIKE!"
The whole meal sounds wonderful, even the green beans because I really like green beans. But those potatoes sound like "Wow!" And of course the filet mignon is...well the word itself says "Magic."
:D

Last night was spinach and cheese filled tortellini with a sun dried tomato pesto sauce, sautéed asparagus, and a mixed greens salad with strawberries and blood oranges and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Negra Modelo and Dos Equis accompanied.

Tonight is my daughter's dance class, so we'll probably pick up a couple of pizzas on the way home.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
Tonight we skipped our weekly Mexican food take-out and visited Lucille's instead.
But last night, pan fried pork chops, 3 minutes in the skillet, flip, 3 minutes on the other side, then 3 minutes (skillet and all) in the oven. Missus made gravy from the drippings, which included the Tradewinds dry rub which was used on the chops, chicken broth, and corn starch. It was delicious! So delicious, in fact, that I did what I remember my dad did when I was growing up: put a slice of bread on the now-empty plate and covered it with the gravy, so as to extend the feast...

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Friday: Easter dinner with my parents - ham, loaded baked potatoes, DIY green salad (set up like a salad bar), and homemade NY lemon cheesecake with homemade whipped cream.

Saturday: salmon burgers, tater tots, green salad.

Sunday: already had Easter on Friday, so mesquite grilled ribeyes that I dry rubbed with my House seasoning blend, loaded baked potatoes, sautéed mushrooms (in garlic butter), zucchini on the grill.

Lit the grill and cooked some bratwurst, spicy Italian sausages, and pork chops. There were buns, sauerkraut, pbrs, and chocolate bunnies involved too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Friday: Easter dinner with my parents - ham, loaded baked potatoes, DIY green salad (set up like a salad bar), and homemade NY lemon cheesecake with homemade whipped cream.

Saturday: salmon burgers, tater tots, green salad.

Sunday: already had Easter on Friday, so mesquite grilled ribeyes that I dry rubbed with my House seasoning blend, loaded baked potatoes, sautéed mushrooms (in garlic butter), zucchini on the grill.

I'm guessing no one has to be called to dinner twice at your house. I know I'd be the first at the table every night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth