Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Girlfriend is making the first mac 'n cheese dinner of the season. While Joaquim is going to miss us - thank God - he did blow in cold stormy weather. Perfect mac 'n cheese weather.
Homemade mac&cheese is pretty hard to beat. I have no problem with box dinners whatsoever, they're cheap, super easy, and the kids love 'em, but I hardly even class them in the same food group as the real deal made from scratch kind. Fresh from the oven with a crust of melted cheddar.......true culinary bliss.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Pork chops, cauliflower mash*, roasted zucchini, steamed broccoli.

*Hubby received a pre-diabetic diagnosis last week, and he needs to eat low carb, low fat, etc. until December when he is re-tested. He is not amused.

Pork chops, cauliflower mash*, roasted zucchini, steamed broccoli.

*Hubby received a pre-diabetic diagnosis last week, and he needs to eat low carb, low fat, etc. until December when he is re-tested. He is not amused.
Ugh! Sorry to hear about this. (The diagnosis, not the dinner) Hope everything turns out o.k.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I'm sorry about the diabetes, too. It is possible to control the symptoms with diet and not have to be on meds. It's just really hard to do so.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
We are working on it. I had gestational diabetes, which I controlled with food (and only gained 5# with an almost 7# baby), so I know what to do. Telling him NO booze was the worst thing. I cried. :(

Upside? I'm down a pound in a week. Um, yay?

A late service call turned into a can of worms and I ended up working til almost 2 a.m. and missed dinner. :(

I missed a lot of sleep, too.

Angel hair pasta with butter and Parmesan cheese, green beans cooked with bacon and sauteed onions, and a slice of cheese pizza.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
We are working on it. I had gestational diabetes, which I controlled with food (and only gained 5# with an almost 7# baby), so I know what to do. Telling him NO booze was the worst thing. I cried.

Maybe once he loses some poundage he can have the occasional beer or whatever. I have wine once in a while and my blood sugar is ok. Of course, everyone's different, but once you get it better under control, you can have treats on occasion. His booze is my cookies. I am cookie monster and I do not ever bring them home. I have one or two every once in a while at work or someone else's house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82