Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Not if you cut one and pierce your heart. :doh::eeek::p

Mmmmmmmmmmm. :D

beanheart.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Haven't come up with what is for dinner tonight. I have broccoli in the fridge to use, and hamburger in the freezer. So, something with those. Suggestions?

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Do you have any onion soup? Everyone has onion soup.

Made a new dish tonight I will call Stuffed Potato a la Stanley.

First I fried up a pound of ground beef with a chopped onion and bell pepper. Added a packet of Lipton's onion soup, a spoonful of corn starch and a half cup of water to make a savory gravy.

Served over a steamed Yukon Gold potato cooked in a pressure cooker, with steamed broccoli on the side (not from a pressure cooker).

A hot hearty dinner for a cold day.

I thought of substituting sliced mushrooms for the bell pepper. I like mushroom gravy.

Last edited:

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Do you have any onion soup? Everyone has onion soup.

I thought of substituting sliced mushrooms for the bell pepper. I like mushroom gravy.

I actually don't have any onion soup. I do have leftover fried onions from Thanksgiving. (The package never seems to get any emptier, despite me using them!) When I took the hamburger out of the freezer to thaw, Lily asked if I was making meatloaf, so that's what I'll do. (Kid requesting a meal, and one that she loves/will eat = absolutely having for dinner.) Bonus for hubby is a meatloaf sandwich for lunch tomorrow. Lucky dude.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Last night I slow cooked a piece of London Broil, and added onion, mushroom, carrots, some brown gravy mix, and the last of the crema agria (Mexican sour cream is the best!!!). Served over shell pasta. It was kinda like beef stroganoff, so we'll go with that's what I made. Whatever it was, it was tasty, and got thumbs up from all of the family. Considered a win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken