Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

There's some cold chicken in the fridge and I know we have some cod in the freezer, buy some mussels on the way home.
Check our spice drawer to see if we have any saffron, we certainly do. Tonight we are having Paella.

And for dessert, well I really cannot get a flavour for blended whisky, (which I always seem to get for a Christmas present, better than socks, I suppose,) but, put it into a dessert, so that it's more of a hint, rather then full on:
Whisky Meringue! Mmm.

Looks awesome! What time should I be there? :hungry:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Paella is practically the national dish of Spain. When northern Europeans take a break from their labours, they descend upon the Spanish Costas, where they nearly always see a Flamenco Dance, before being reluctantly dragged onto the floor themselves, to give an impromptu, inebriated demonstration. Before the dance they will indulge in a huge plate of Paella, washed down with a flagon or three of Sangria.

Sangria is a concoction that consists of: 3 parts red wine, 1 part orange juice, 2 parts lemonade, ice, fresh mint, sliced fruit such as oranges and lemons. However, the spanish hosts know that The Brits and Germans like their grog, so inevitably a fair slosh of vodka makes it's way into the mix. I had a glass of the stuff once, I'm still getting over it.

Mushroom ravioli tonight (Shitake, portabello, and porcini mushrooms used). Eat your heart HoosierDaddy!!!:p

rav.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Mushroom ravioli tonight (Shitake, portabello, and porcini mushrooms used). Eat your heart HoosierDaddy!!!:p

View attachment 9870
I like ravioli too.
But mushroom?
You may like it, but to me they taste like shitake. :D

Tonight it's pork chops for the wife, and steak for me. (originally the steak was going to be used for Fajitas)
The steak is cut into 6 inch strips, 1-1.5 inches thick.
I'll put them in wraps, with tapatio hot sauce, and marble cheddar cheese.

Shitake:D. Go Gregg!

Mushroom ravioli sounds decent, I had mushroom stuffed verynikis (same thing more or less) a bunch in Ukraine. There they were usually sauteed with onions in either butter or bacon fat.

Paella sounds absolutely delicious. Haven't had that in a good while. I wonder if saffron is as ridiculously expensive on that side of the Atlantic as it is here.

Tonigh it's cold as shitake and freezing rain and snowing, so we're having homemade vegetable soup. Best part - it was made in my mother in law's home and dropped off here while I was at work.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Shitake:D. Go Gregg!

Mushroom ravioli sounds decent, I had mushroom stuffed verynikis (same thing more or less) a bunch in Ukraine. There they were usually sauteed with onions in either butter or bacon fat.

Paella sounds absolutely delicious. Haven't had that in a good while. I wonder if saffron is as ridiculously expensive on that side of the Atlantic as it is here.

Tonigh it's cold as shitake and freezing rain and snowing, so we're having homemade vegetable soup. Best part - it was made in my mother in law's home and dropped off here while I was at work.

:eusa_clap
Already "home cooked" is good.
Winter weather?
Boooo, unless it's snow.
At least this time you weren't stuck in the shop.

Homemade bacon guacamole burgers with curly fries.

I have to get up at 4:30 am for the next four days so early bedtime.

That's about when I get up every day.

Bacon and guacamole burgers are delicious. I like 'em with roasted green chiles on there too.

G.A. fajitas are always a winner!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I was wrong. Spouse was too tired to cook burgers so we just kind of grazed.
I'll let you in on a little secret VT.
Fajitas is usually a code word for "I'm too tired to cook, so we went to the best Mexican place in town." :D
I do make them at home on occasion, but $28 dollars for 2 orders of steak and chicken mix, refried beans, rice, and salsa (with chips) is not bad. The portions of meat is enough for at least 3 fajita shells full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken