Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That's a good place. There's one right near me. :)
I've found it to be a "safe" Chinese place.
We have plenty in town that aren't so safe, one of which was VERY popular, until people found out how they handled the food. :D
The Pork Eggrolls were actually good, but not wrapped as tightly as you'd expect. So one bite and the insides went all over the plate.
Good thing I eat that type of cuisine with a spoon, I don't chase rice with a fork it's just too unproductive. ;)

dnjan

One Too Many
Last night was red beans and rice.
Red beans cooked with some salt, bay leaf, olive oil and hot sauce added at the end.
Served over basmati rice and topped with fresh salsa (actually not that fresh - I had made it a few days before), chopped onion and cheddar cheese.

I have served this for a group of people before - a big bowl of rice, a big bowl of beans, and a line-up of toppings ranging from the salsa and onions to bacon bits, chopped green onions, and two types of shredded cheese. Assorted hot sauces for those who need more kick.

Last night was red beans and rice.
Red beans cooked with some salt, bay leaf, olive oil and hot sauce added at the end.
Served over basmati rice and topped with fresh salsa (actually not that fresh - I had made it a few days before), chopped onion and cheddar cheese.

I have served this for a group of people before - a big bowl of rice, a big bowl of beans, and a line-up of toppings ranging from the salsa and onions to bacon bits, chopped green onions, and two types of shredded cheese. Assorted hot sauces for those who need more kick.

OMG
That and a tall frosty mug(or two)of coldbeer would be so very tasty..!!
HD

dnjan

One Too Many
It actually went quite well with probably more of a bottle of pinot gris than should have been consumed ...

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Had some friends over for fried herring.

ResizedImage951364654290108_zps43c18c27.jpg

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken