Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Pancakes...black coffee.
Same here, only add four rashers of bacon. Plus I prefer sharing a grapefruit with my mrs, than a glass of juice.
Black coffee, Kenyan peaberry, ground to perfection and made in a french press.
Enjoyed that whilst reading the sports pundits copy about England's chances of beating Scotland in tonight's six nations Rugby match.
(I'm half listening to it at the moment, whilst catching up on e-mails and getting ready to go out.)
We're off to see The Three Belles.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Same here, only add four rashers of bacon. Plus I prefer sharing a grapefruit with my mrs, than a glass of juice.
Black coffee, Kenyan peaberry, ground to perfection and made in a french press.
Enjoyed that whilst reading the sports pundits copy about England's chances of beating Scotland in tonight's six nations Rugby match.
(I'm half listening to it at the moment, whilst catching up on e-mails and getting ready to go out.)
We're off to see The Three Belles.

You lot aren't half giving Scotland a drubbing!

England is looking on track for a fine 6 Nations.

Cheers and enjoy the breakfast,

Tim (rugby mad Kiwi) ;)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I grind my own beans, mainly because the price is cheaper for whole bean, in some cases.
Instead of using the hand grinder, which makes you think if you really need that coffee, I have an electric one by Cuisinart.
I also have a 40yr old Folgers can, 10oz maybe(?) that fits in the cabinet.
It's small, and light, so I don't have to try and lug a huge container around just for a few scoops of grounds.
Percolater...my MIL has one of those.
Honestly, it does make better coffee than some of the modern "drip" makers.
What's been on my counter for 3yrs is a Bunn, it's quick, quiet, and reliable.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
This is what I have.
coffeegrinder.jpg
The image isn't of mine, that's in another room and I've got a dog in my lap, so you get a stock photo. :D

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I would love to have one of those old "general store" type coffee grinders with the big wheel.

I just passed up a 25" Elgin National at an auction this evening for $95.00, as I didn't have an immediate market for the thing. Nice condition. Reprinted, the work being well done back in the 1980's. The aluminum font was present and in good condition complete with cap. The burrs were sharp. Wish I had known that you were interested.

At home I use an Arcade Crystal No.3. It is convenient and mess-free.

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You actually grind seed for the birds..?? You know you are really seriously spoiling them JP.....
After he toasts them lightly in the broiler oven. The seeds not the birds. ;)

Snow melted James.
But more coming Monday, could be 2-4 inches or 3-5 inches.
The Heeler likes snow, but the Bedlington...well snow sticks to her and the only way to remove it is to set her near the heater. :D
Fridge stocked with beer? Check
Bacon? Check
Eggs? Check
Tea? Check

The triple thick butcher cut bacon didn't get cooked today, because I couldn't have it.
Tomorrow I can, so I'll cook a few pieces and take a picture of them.
Shopping first, then breakfast.
With snow in the forecast, the nuts will be in panic mode by 9am.
We'll be at home, cooking by then.

After he toasts them lightly in the broiler oven. The seeds not the birds. ;)

Snow melted James.
But more coming Monday, could be 2-4 inches or 3-5 inches.
The Heeler likes snow, but the Bedlington...well snow sticks to her and the only way to remove it is to set her near the heater. :D
Fridge stocked with beer? Check
Bacon? Check
Eggs? Check
Tea? Check

The triple thick butcher cut bacon didn't get cooked today, because I couldn't have it.
Tomorrow I can, so I'll cook a few pieces and take a picture of them.
Shopping first, then breakfast.
With snow in the forecast, the nuts will be in panic mode by 9am.
We'll be at home, cooking by then.

Grinding is bad enough. :p
No snow? Then he belongs outside for sure.:p
No bacon?!

What's been on my counter for 3yrs is a Bunn, it's quick, quiet, and reliable.
Three years??? We burn through a Bunn coffee maker in six to nine months. lol That said, we believe Bunn makes the best coffee makers available. Unfortunately, some friends introduced my wife to their Keurig coffee maker about a year ago, so our Bunn has just been occupying counter space unused since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth