Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Ham & cheddar omlette, hashbrowns, sourdough toast. New restaurant to us. Would have been more impressed with warmer food & less attitude from the waitress. :(

This Easter holiday at friends get-together. I was told by someone who works in the restaurant business
to never return or ask to warm up the food.
I didn’t want to know why!

This morning I made soft chicken tacos on corn tortillas with “pico de gallo” topping &
an icy cold bottle of Dr. Pepper.

Long time ago I threw away the rule book on what is considered proper food
for breakfast, lunch & dinner. :p

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, I didn't ask for it to be heated. The cheese in my omlette wasn't melted. And I had to ask 3 times for Lily's milk (which they charged $2.50 for and her breakfast was only $3.75!). I'll write a review of the place on Yelp and Urban Spoon instead. :)

2jakes, I'm with you. Grilled pork tenderloin leftovers with noodles and broccoli from last night.

Also, Babydoll, with an ex who was a server and a restaurant mgr., good call on not sending the food back.

...Long time ago I threw away the rule book on what is considered proper food for breakfast, lunch & dinner. :p
At one of my jobs years ago I'd regularly go out to the morning break truck (at 9:00 a.m.) and order a double cheeseburger. One day one of the ladies who worked in the office told me, "You can't eat that for breakfast!" I asked her, "Why not? My stomach doesn't know what time of day it is." She didn't have a response. :D

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
At one of my jobs years ago I'd regularly go out to the morning break truck (at 9:00 a.m.) and order a double cheeseburger. One day one of the ladies who worked in the office told me, "You can't eat that for breakfast!" I asked her, "Why not? My stomach doesn't know what time of day it is." She didn't have a response. :D

^^^^^
I remember that lady.
She would tell me the same thing.

One day I told her, "you are right, let me have a breakfast taco when
I finish my cheeseburger!"

She just shook her head &
made no further comment! :p

Last edited:

Hercule

Practically Family
^^^^^
I remember that lady.
She would tell me the same thing.

One day I told her, "you are right, let me have a breakfast taco when
I finish my cheeseburger!"

She just shook her head &
made no further comment! :p

Nothing wrong with that. A hamburger and a vanilla shake was my breakfast of choice when I was a kid.

At a local mom and pop place an Italian sub features very prominently on their breakfast menu.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
^^^ My interest was piqued with the "small square of dark chocolate." I'll have a piece of chocolate in the morning from time to time, but know for some, chocolate and breakfast don't mix.
It's to cool off the heat of the salsa and chili powder. When I first visited New Mexico, I discovered why they have a jar of honey on all restaurant tables: you put the honey on the sopaipillas, to kill the savage burn from the chiles. I've picked up the habit. (Or maybe it's just an excuse for a bit of chocolate.)

Stopped at the little grill by my office and had cheese grits and salmon patties this morning.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I would eat fish and chips with vinegar for breakfast, dinner, and supper if I could.
Last time we were in Florida, good grief, it was ten years ago, we fulfilled a promise to ourselves to visit The Epcot Center. They have these microcosms of: 'Nations of the World.' At the British village was an English pub and one of the items on the menu was fish & chips. There was a guy there who thought that chips were the American version of chips. With no member of staff to tell him, I explained that we call fries chips, and chips are crisps. He told me that he had been recommended to try fish & chips and now he realised that it meant fries with fish he would give it a go. He also admitted that he hadn't tried fish cooked in batter before. I reassured him that the batter was the same mixture as pancakes and that he would love it.
Later, having been sidetracked by some of the British staff working at the center, I noticed that the guy had in front of him, a large oval plate, laden with fish, chips and garden peas, which he was demolishing with gusto. "Enjoying that?" I enquired. "Man, this is seriously good," he enthused. "Good to see that you are enjoying tartar sauce on your fish," I replied. "They," he said, with a vague wave of his hand, presumably he meant the staff, "recommended it." "Fish & chips," he went on, "best open secret you guys have." "Open secret?" I questioned. "Yeah," he said, "I mean, calling fries, chips." "Another convert," I said, patting his shoulder as we left the pub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82