Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

It's a good show. Someone should tell them that not EVERYTHING needs to be lowered and painted black, though! lol

I loved the Dodge pickup they clear coated, but they should have kept factory wheel covers. And I agree, the 60 Chevy....why? That was a perfectly good car before they messed with it...

I'm a stock man, or could you tell? :p

Yes, I am there as well. I love it when morons think they know better than the original engineers who spent months agonizing over the design of a particular model of vehicle. Yeah right dude! They had no intention of making it so low that you couldn’t use it on a country road. They engineered the cars for a wide variety of conditions. The hot rod dopes design them for their own peculiar use without any thought to drivability. :doh:

Yes, I am there as well. I love it when morons think they know better than the original engineers who spent months agonizing over the design of a particular model of vehicle. Yeah right dude! They had no intention of making it so low that you couldn’t use it on a country road. They engineered the cars for a wide variety of conditions. The hot rod dopes design them for their own peculiar use without any thought to drivability. :doh:

Well said. :eusa_clap

Greyryder

One of the Regulars

You guys would love the stancing scene. Those guys don't even supe up the cars. They just drop 'em. A lot of them lean the tires in so far, they're only driving on the corners of them.

I Like the street fighters, myself. Not usually lowered very much, just drastically improved suspensions, and a little extra power under the hood.

Watched that one tonight, too!

Seinfeld-The Outing.
Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I waaaaay prefer stock vintage autos, but have absolutely no problem hotrodding ones that are too far gone to feasibly bring back. What I ABSOLUTELY CRINGE to see is knuckleheads who will by a perfectly good stock car to chop it up and rod it. Save that s#%& for the beaters.

I also cringe a little (o.k., a lot) whenever I see a car that has been "restored" with a small block chevy in it. (unless that's what came in it, of course) Again, no problem with sbc motors, that just doesn't fit my definition of restored.

I also think billet wheels suck. And by that, I mean......they suck...regardless of what they're on, and if they're bigger than 15" they REALLY suck.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I'm so glad to finally find car people to talk to who are on the same page! I've been trying to get thsese points across to all my friends! They just don't get it

I waaaaay prefer stock vintage autos, but have absolutely no problem hotrodding ones that are too far gone to feasibly bring back. What I ABSOLUTELY CRINGE to see is knuckleheads who will by a perfectly good stock car to chop it up and rod it. Save that s#%& for the beaters.

I also cringe a little (o.k., a lot) whenever I see a car that has been "restored" with a small block chevy in it. (unless that's what came in it, of course) Again, no problem with sbc motors, that just doesn't fit my definition of restored.

I also think billet wheels suck. And by that, I mean......they suck...regardless of what they're on, and if they're bigger than 15" they REALLY suck.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up

If I can find the pics, I'll post the difference between the rims I have now on the Essex, and the old rims.
Essentially I went with 30 spoke Cragers but they eventually started rusting in spots. Faulty chroming would be my guess.
So now I have star rims from Pacer. I got a good deal on them, and they look good on the car.
Although the spoked rims helped maintain the 20's look, I can't afford the really nice ones at $700+ a rim (at least).

Leave It To Beaver
Penguins Of Madagascar

I waaaaay prefer stock vintage autos, but have absolutely no problem hotrodding ones that are too far gone to feasibly bring back. What I ABSOLUTELY CRINGE to see is knuckleheads who will by a perfectly good stock car to chop it up and rod it. Save that s#%& for the beaters...
I agree. I shudder every time I see Richard Rawlings buy a not-too-far-gone classic car, because I know what Aaron and the Monkeys will probably do to it--new engine, air ride suspension, cheap and cheesy upholstery, etc.. I was pleasantly surprised when they left most of that '32 Ford Cabriolet alone, and it's probably my favorite of all the cars they've shown so far.

32_Ford_Cabriolet_GMG_zps904d305b.jpg

...I also think billet wheels suck. And by that, I mean......they suck...regardless of what they're on, and if they're bigger than 15" they REALLY suck.
As a general rule, I agree. However, I have seen a few classic cars and trucks with 17"-18" wheels and low(ish) profile tires that looked quite good; it all depends on the vehicle.

Just now realized I was ranting about cars in the t.v. show thread. My bad.
Last night I watched Dr. Who.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken