Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

WH1

Practically Family
25th Anniversary Edition of Brideshead Revisited. I bypassed the glossy new Emma Thompson version in B&N a couple of days ago for the original with Jeremy Irons and Anthony Andrews. I think they believed me to be a bit strange when I stated I was glad they had the better of the 2. Oh well enjoying it greatly.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Chasing Churchill, which was more travelogue than history but enjoyable nonetheless. Lots of emphasis on his paintings and some lovely cinematography.

just_me

Practically Family
KY Gentleman said:
Did anyone see "Cold Case" on CBS Sunday night? The story was set in '67 and the lead character in the episode wore a very striking fedora!:eusa_clap
I did and mentioned it in a previous post. Any idea what it was? I thought it was odd looking.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Firefly!
I should finish it just around the time Dollhouse airs on Friday...meaning there will be no gap in my Whedon!fangirl-ness.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Spiffy said:
Firefly!
I should finish it just around the time Dollhouse airs on Friday...meaning there will be no gap in my Whedon!fangirl-ness.

I missed Dollhouse--did you see it? Thoughts? A couple friends of mine were on the fence about it but I think even middling Whedon is better than no Whedon at all.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
imoldfashioned said:
I missed Dollhouse--did you see it? Thoughts? A couple friends of mine were on the fence about it but I think even middling Whedon is better than no Whedon at all.

I thought it was pretty good...def the most mainstream world-building Whedon's ever done. I was worried because of the middling-to-terrible reviews that were floating around, but I genuinely enjoyed it. I usually think Whedon's pilots are kind of terrible (Angel is just cringe-worthy, Firefly is INSANELY long, Buffy suffers from a bit too much series mythos-planting) but this was a nice balance between an isolated episode plot (I cared about the one-episode characters!) and building up all the plotlines for the series.

Olivia Williams and Amy Acker are brilliant, Eliza's okay but still finding her feet. The actor who played her 'handler' was surprisingly empathetic, and I really liked the rebellious father/daughter vibe that is building there.

Give it a go! It's up on Hulu with limited commercial interruption for the first half.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Today was an all-tv vegout day:

On DVD:
Columbo Goes to College

On DVR:
Monk and Psych episodes from the last 2 weeks
NBA All-Star festivies from last night

Tonight: the NBA All-Star Game

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for your thoughts Spiffy, I think a friend still has it on their DVR so I'll take a look. I really like Eliza, I hope she has a good run and you're so right about early episodes of Whedon.

I really need to stop watching PBS documentaries; saw one on the doctor who devised the lobotomy surgery last night that made me want to crawl in bed for a week. Utterly depressing on so many levels.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I only made it about 15 minutes into Dollhouse before giving up on it. I just couldn't believe it for an instant, and having only been a Firefly fan - I'm no hardcore Whedonite - I have no existing predisposition towards Dushku as an actress. (And as I've observed here before: I'm a tough room.)

Anyway, it really didn't grab me, and given its poor reviews and ratings, it doesn't sound like it's going to be around for very long.

Feraud

Bartender
imoldfashioned said:
I really need to stop watching PBS documentaries; saw one on the doctor who devised the lobotomy surgery last night that made me want to crawl in bed for a week. Utterly depressing on so many levels.
I saw that PBS programe. Disturbing.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Conan O'Brien! Tonight's the last NYC show so the answer will be the same for today.

0000035599_20061031164005s.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Iowa Press. Every 4 years we get national political figures on this show, but most weeks it's reporters in boring clothes talking about state budgets.
ip-3518_320.jpg

Mike Glover, AP; Jeanene Beck, Iowa Public Radio; Dean Borg, moderator; Dave Yepsen, Register; Kay Henderson, Radio Iowa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1