Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Okay, to ALL The Walking Dead watchers:

Please tell me I am not the only one on this board who has read all of the comics (current) and watches the show, PLEASE!
And as for Maggie and Glen, I didn't get that. Why was Maggie angry at Glen's reaction to wanting to know whether she had been violated or not. That was silly, and more proof that only men write these crazy women characters on this show. Don't get me started to what they have done to Michonne's character!

I read the graphic novels... Yeah, quite different now. My biggest gripe is their under utilization of M'Shonne. But truth be told they veered of course from the begining as far as staying true to the books but remember the books are soooo gory and violent I guess they had to change it. The whole CDC side bar was a waste. Still.... it's better than no Zombies at all!

Worf

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I read the graphic novels... Yeah, quite different now. My biggest gripe is their under utilization of M'Shonne.

The CDC thing didn't bother me. The show needs filler, and Daryl and Merle are great non comic additions to the show. What bothers me a lot about the show is not using plot devices from the comic, but using the character's comic motives to justify those plot devices. This brings up Michonne. Why in the show was she so angry at the Governor? You really have no idea why from the moment they got to Woodberry why she wanted to kill him. In the comic, it COMPLETELY and TOTALLY makes since.

Plus in the show, she is a caricature of what people like about her in the comic. In the comic she talks, a lot, buts in, has an opinion and will say what she wants when it needs to be said whether it goes against the group or not. I mean she was a lawyer, that's what lawyer's do. In the show she's just this mute assassin weapon chick.

Plus, what did they do with Tyresse!? Seriously!? He's a really important character, and he's just gone!

**slight geek alert. In the last episode, I was laughing out loud when Glen was wearing that riot gear. If you haven't read the comic, he makes a big deal about finding that riot gear and to see him, and only him wearing it in the show, makes it funny.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
As I'm not caught up, I'm starting to watch Mad Men again. I'm currently near the beginning of Season 3. I hope when Season 6 is on TV, that Netflix decides to add Season 5 to their instant viewing option.

As I'm not caught up, I'm starting to watch Mad Men again. I'm currently near the beginning of Season 3. I hope when Season 6 is on TV, that Netflix decides to add Season 5 to their instant viewing option.

I too am way behind. I believe that I am on Season 4, episode something. It's on way too late for me. My wakeup time is 4:30 am.

D

Deleted member 16736

Friends, 2nd Season. That was literally the last TV show I watched, unless you count Ghost Hunters.

Feraud

Bartender
Okay, to ALL The Walking Dead watchers:

Please tell me I am not the only one on this board who has read all of the comics (current) and watches the show, PLEASE!
And as for Maggie and Glen, I didn't get that. Why was Maggie angry at Glen's reaction to wanting to know whether she had been violated or not. That was silly, and more proof that only men write these crazy women characters on this show. Don't get me started to what they have done to Michonne's character!
I haven't read the comics but totally agree the writers in this show don't know squat about women!
These illogical gunfights are starting to annoy me too..

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Read the comics. Trust me. Trust me. You will start to go, "oh, that's what they meant," when you get into the comics. I know a lot of people don't want to 'mingle' the worlds, but they are companions to each other despite some different characters and stuff. And Andrea is SO MUCH better in the comics. SO MUCH!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Parades End" - HBO - Don't quite know what to make of this one. I found the first hour and a half or so maddening. As a rule I dispise multiple flashbacks particularly when you don't know the characters. Every other man on the show looked like carbon copy of Snidely Whiplash. By hour 3 I'd about figured out who was who and what was what. This show clears up why dueling was so popular back then. No radio, no television, no cinema. All people had for entertainment was parties, the opera but mostly scandal and gossip. I find it hard to fathom how many lies and fabrications can be invented in a flash and acted upon as if they were gospel. Hour 4 was fantastic, not becuase of any battle scenes but for the searing insight into how big a ****-up even the smallest portion of WWI was. I'm looking forward to the conclusion but only just. Had Downton Abbey never been produced or had this been released prior to D.A. I believe it's effect would've been more far-reaching. However given the current timing this drama will draw many, unfair comparisons. Worth seeing but don't break your back to get to it.

Worf

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I'm with you, Worf. I've watched Parade's End too, and I'm not sure from moment to moment whether I even like it. Parts of it are compelling, other parts not. Of course, it's beautifully done and probably much more true to the spirit of its times than Downton is. It actually reminds me more of Brideshead Revisited than Downton...

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Arrow
Been watching it all season. Not as bad as I fully expected it to be. Not much soap opera drama, just good DC intrigue and violence. Comic book fans like me see the little references to stuff we read 30 years ago too.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Watched "The Bible" at church with a group of folks.

As a Christian who has read the Bible and has experience with the stories that were depicted on the TV, I can say there may have been a little creative license with a few things portrayed.

Frustrating not having a remote control... I guess nobody else thought we needed to mute the commercials. Grrrrr.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Currently watching repeats of Storage Wars, watched the secondary broadcast of Supernatural having missed its original showing on Wednesday last. The Winchesters rock, and Brandi, what can I say?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82