Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"Fiddlesticks," a 1927 Harry Langdon two-reeler about an incompetent bass-viol player who is thrown out by his family and left to busk in the street for a living. He soon ties up with a conniving junk dealer who causes Harry to play under the windows of apartment houses and then collects the debris the tenants rain down upon him, ranging from garbage to furniture to a coal stove to a full-sized hot water heater.

This is the quintessential Langdon short -- the image of Harry skittering down the street, fleeing from a cop, while desperately hugging his viol, should be as iconic as Harold Lloyd hanging from the clock.

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
If you can, watch the dvd with the audio commentary. I think the commenators mention that Stack's wooden acting is part Fuller's direction and part that he wasn't comfortable in the role. They do point out that in a couple scenes Stack seems genuinely confused by what's going on.

Ryan is uber passive-agressive, with the calm arrogance of a monomaniac. He looks dangerous even when he's being nice.
Thanks for the tip. I have the dvd but don't recall watching it with the commentary. I'll give it another viewing.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
The Flaming Urge from 1953 starring Harold Lloyd, Jr., who didn't inherit any type of acting talent from either of his parents.

The movie itself is, um, interesting if you know what it's REALLY about ;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Fun for the whole family.....

80454.jpg

Rocketblast

One of the Regulars
Last night I watched 1962 movie 'The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner', and the disc had an extra called 'Momma Don't Allow' from 1955, which is a short film based in a London jazz club with young people dancing. Quite an interesting snapshot from that time.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I am currently watching a film I haven't seen since I was a very, very, very little boy. And a film that I think many people here might know.

"Bugsy Malone".

The film about kid gangsters set in Chicago in the 1920s. I loved this film as a boy, for the suits and the cars...and I admit, I still love it now for the same reasons!!

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
I am currently watching a film I haven't seen since I was a very, very, very little boy. And a film that I think many people here might know.

"Bugsy Malone".

The film about kid gangsters set in Chicago in the 1920s. I loved this film as a boy, for the suits and the cars...and I admit, I still love it now for the same reasons!!

I remembered enjoying it for the same reasons, so I bought it to share with my kids. Now they love it too. My only complaint as an adult - the musical numbers just seem to go on forever! ;)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I remembered enjoying it for the same reasons, so I bought it to share with my kids. Now they love it too. My only complaint as an adult - the musical numbers just seem to go on forever! ;)

Great minds think alike obviously!! I bought it a couple of weeks ago for my son and i to watch, as i hadn't seen if for years. Initially he wasn't that keen as it had no robots or superheroes in, but he loved it!! The splatter guns and cars did the trick as i knew they would!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Great minds think alike obviously!! I bought it a couple of weeks ago for my son and i to watch, as i hadn't seen if for years. Initially he wasn't that keen as it had no robots or superheroes in, but he loved it!! The splatter guns and cars did the trick as i knew they would!

"Bugsy Malone" will always appeal to boys. I sure as hell know it appealed to me! I loved it. Although the music is weird...it's kinda catchy. But I like weird, old-fashionedy music...

Damn I wish I had one of those cars.

EDIT:

Currently watching my collection of 1930s-1940s Rathbone/Bruce 'Sherlock Holmes' movies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun