Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
We saw No Country for Old Men last night. I hadn't read the book yet, and I'm glad I didn't -- it was more intense, not knowing what was coming. I'd heard some people hated the ending, but I liked not having everything tied up in a bow.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Three Colours: White

By the genius that is Krzysztof Kieslowski. Its the second in a trilogy of interconnected but not sequential films, that explore the themes of Blue, white, and red as the colours of the French flag in left-to-right order, and the story of each film is loosely based on one of the three political ideals in the motto of the French Republic: liberty, equality, fraternity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Colors

Sheer genius.

Now I cant wait til I can see the decalogue...which is his series of episodes, each about one of the 10 commandments.

RIOT

Practically Family
The Polar Express! :)

What a feel good movie this is. One of the top 3 movies I make sure I watch during the Christmas season, together with A Nightmare Before Christmas & A Christmas Story.

Corto

A-List Customer
I just finished watching "Night and the City".
It's a 1950 movie directed by Jules Dassin and starring Richard Widmark.

It's about a club tout in London trying to raise himself up in the world with one more big scheme, in a long line of failed "big schemes"...

I've seen about 5 Richard Widmark movies, and out of all of those ("The Frogmen", "Pickup on South Street", "Hell and High Water", "The Final Option" (cameo in that one...doesn't really count) and "The Bedford Incident") his acting in this one is the best.

Widmark creates a very rich characterization of a bad-luck-magnet -weaselly-con-man. It seems like he was just more natural playing this character, than a "good guy". I don't think you could really even classify him as an "anti-hero" in this one.

Anyways. 4 out of 5 stars from Corto. Great pulp movie.

Corto

A-List Customer
SamMarlowPI said:
Heartbreak Ridge...hilarious one liners...

The only one I remember was "Hey. Jarhead. If you wanna pop that puppy's can you don't have to grease him so hard."

I actually saw that one in the theater when I was in Jr. High...

They were originally going to shoot the film with Clint being a Ranger NCO, but the Army took a pass on the script.

The Marines, if I recall correctly, issued a barrage of "We don't condone that kind of language." press releases after it came out.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Corto said:
The only one I remember was "Hey. Jarhead. If you wanna pop that puppy's can you don't have to grease him so hard."

I actually saw that one in the theater when I was in Jr. High...

They were originally going to shoot the film with Clint being a Ranger NCO, but the Army took a pass on the script.

The Marines, if I recall correctly, issued a barrage of "We don't condone that kind of language." press releases after it came out.

lol yah its a great film. one of my favorites: "get that contraband stogie out of my face or i'll shove it up...so far you'll have to light your nose to smoke it"...something like that...Clint is great...

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Last night the hubby and I watched the Bourne Ultimatum. It was good. Not great. I like to have my ends all tied up witha pretty bow after a series. There was no bow for me this time. We still enjoy watching the whole series.

Tonight I'm watching The Best of Everything, with Joan Crawford looking quite terrible. I think that's my favorite part about it. And I like the 50's-60's look of secretary girls trying to get a "real" job in the workplace. Maybe why I like watching Mad Men?? Anyway, it's a guilty pleasure I'll be enjoying tonight.;)

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
La Petite Marchande d'Allumettes, by Jean Renoir, a short film based on H.C. Andersen's "The Little Match Girl".

Silent with French cards and German subtitles. The special effects were tr?®s neato for 1928, especially the chase scene with Death as a mounted Hussar. And everyone in the film had lovely noses.

T.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I saw American Gangster at the cinema the other night. It wasn't my choice of film but it was bargain Tuesday! It wasn't that bad actually, a bit long, but Denzel Washington was brilliant. I still don't quite understand the appeal of Russell Crowe as a "hunk" either :eusa_doh:

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
a couple nights ago i talked my boyfriend into watching A League of Their Own with me. i've seen it about 5 million times, and i think i can probably place a lot of blame on that movie for my vintage obsession!

Run Lola Run is definitely on my list. i got a new housemate and her movie collection is huge (and includes both films i mentioned)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe