Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Carlisle Blues said:
:arated: Of course Breakfast at Tiffany's!!!!!! But anything with Audrey Hepburn works as well. ;)

So true - to use one of Audrey's favourite words - she was "marvelous"!

I watched Frances last night with Jessica Lange - the movie was quite lacklustre and had a real made for tv air about it. Ms. Lange was very good in the role however even she couldn't quite save the movie.

This morning I watched Grey Gardens with Drew Barrymore and again Jessica Lange. I am not convinced of Ms. Barrymore's acting abilities however after seeing the Maysles brothers documentary about Big Edie and Little Edie I think she had the latter down to a t.

noonblueapples

Familiar Face
Miss Golightly said:
This morning I watched Grey Gardens with Drew Barrymore and again Jessica Lange. I am not convinced of Ms. Barrymore's acting abilities however after seeing the Maysles brothers documentary about Big Edie and Little Edie I think she had the latter down to a t.

I watched this friday night, it might be the best thing Drew has ever done. I especially liked her as young little Edie.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
They Drive By Night. Bogey and Raft as truckers try to get ahead in the business. Ann Sheridan, Ida Lupino, and Alan Hale co-star.
Good stuff.
Yerp. Lupino gives an amazingly effective portrayal of the most unpleasant woman imaginable.
"He was laaahfing...laaahfing...AAAhahahahaaaa" (is dragged off to the cracker factory).
Raft shows his emotive range was not broad, but what he had, he had nailed.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The Guns of Navarone with Gregory Peck, David Niven, and Anthony Quinn. I never tired of it. One of the best WW2 war movies, IMO. :)

Feraud

Bartender
Fletch said:
Yerp. Lupino gives an amazingly effective portrayal of the most unpleasant woman imaginable.
"He was laaahfing...laaahfing...AAAhahahahaaaa" (is dragged off to the cracker factory).
Raft shows his emotive range was not broad, but what he had, he had nailed.
Very true of Raft.
And Lupino.. she starts out slow and inevitably steals the film with her crazy murderous personality! :)

MsStabby

One of the Regulars
Pillow Talk and Send Me No Flowers.

I love these films: Rock Hudson is just gorgeous, Tony Randall is hysterical and the clothes are to die for. Oh, and the scripts are intelligent and witty, written for adults.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Miss Golightly said:
So true - to use one of Audrey's favourite words - she was "marvelous"!

I watched Frances last night with Jessica Lange - the movie was quite lacklustre and had a real made for tv air about it. Ms. Lange was very good in the role however even she couldn't quite save the movie.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch that "Grey Gardens" yet. The original is so perfectly real and poignant, I don't know how I feel about seeing actors recreate it. Well, that's not entirely true; the clips I've seen of the musical were just too over the top and camp. They only made me want to watch the authentic thing again.

noonblueapples

Familiar Face
Secret of the Incas and Temple of Doom.

I don't think I've watched Temple of doom since I saw it in the theatre. Sort of a let down, instead of playing the Indiana Jones the first film had established Ford slipped into a Hans Solo like character for most of the film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld