Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Panache said:
The Quiet Man, a classic I had heard much about but never seen before. Very enjoyable and well done.

Cheers

Jamie

I'm so glad you liked it! It's one of those feel-good movies. :) I, too, had heard a lot about it before I finally watched it, and it was one of those rare times that the movie lived up to the hype. :D

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I re-watched "A Perfect World" with Kevin Costner, directed by Clint Eastwood. (He was in it, too). If you haven't seen it its very good.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
I went on a Tom Selleck western spree...love the guy...anyone been following the 'Jesse Stone' series?? It's really a good series...there are 4 out on video and the fifth in post production...check 'em out...

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SamMarlowPI said:
I went on a Tom Selleck western spree...love the guy...anyone been following the 'Jesse Stone' series?? It's really a good series...there are 4 out on video and the fifth in post production...check 'em out...

Excellent book and movie series. Selleck does a great job.

Also on his Westerns.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
carebear said:
Excellent book and movie series. Selleck does a great job.

Also on his Westerns.

he really found a niche with the tv westerns and this jesse stone character...i wish he would do more...especially the westerns...i have the three westerns he did for tv: "Last Stand At Saber River", "Crossfire Trail", and "Monte Walsh"...all three are fantastic...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Spiral

An indie thriller about a starving young artist who gets a girlfriend....

The look of the film is great, well shot and all (and Im not normally a fan of natural lighting in film), but the story was so poorly executed.

Im so sick of 'starving artists' in movies with fantastic loft apartments, and brand name, all new art supplies! lol Yet when they lay out a palette, its all grungy and non logical and on top of old not dried paint...Geeze!

And artists DO NOT get paint evenly ALL OVER their face and clothes! :eusa_doh: Talk about the cliche!

LD

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
My neighbor Totoro.. highly recomendable!
A heart melting and very lively Japanese animation from the
maker of "Spirited away".
totoro.jpg

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Tonight I'm watching "Major Dundee". Its been pretty good but a tad too long in my opinion. Classic western movie with the Peckinpah touch.
It also has Warren Oates in it, a Kentucky boy and a regular in Sam Peckinpah's films. Gotta like Warren.

Brinybay

Practically Family
Just finished "Captains of the Clouds", James Cagney, Alan Hale. Great movie, especially if you're into vintage aircraft, but they could use a few more "eh's?" since it was about the Royal Canadian Air Force.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Spent last night watching old Charlie Chan and Mister Moto movies on Turner Classic movies. Spent most of the time looking at the hats and suits. Always did like the Mr Moto films. Tonight its a block of Sophia Loren films! I don't think I'll be paying attention to hats and suits tonightlol lol

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
I just saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall this evening. Definitely adult material, with some crass humor. I laughed heartily, in spite of the crass humor. Or maybe because of it.

(My wife thought it was funny, too. Same reasons.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe