Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Pipe Tobacco Are You Smoking Today ?

Robert McConnell "Scottish Blend" (Kohlhaase & Kopp).

MAAAN, I enjoyed this non-flavored tobacco very much!!
I have really no idea, how a typical "Scotish Blend" should taste like, but this one is getting to be one of my favorites!
I would say, it totally reminded me of a well-made, fine and mild Sumatra cigar. When the filling was down to 50%, it even got better and better.

It's a blend of Red Kentucky, Virginia and Turkish Oriental, which is afterwards refined with "Carolina Black Cavendish" and Latakia.

And altogether an uncomplicated pipe tobacco, which could be a good one for beginners.

Attachments

• IMGP9961.JPG
    IMGP9961.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Today.

The Solani "English Mixture" is relate to the above, but for my taste not that good. A blend of Virginia, Oriental and some Latakia. Maybe too much Latakia. I would say, you have to try if this one is fine to you.

The Robert McConnell "Scottish Cake" is a ready-rubbed dark Virginia mixed flake. Not bad, somehow "hearty" and of course voluminous. Nice, but will not become one of my favorites. But burning down very well!

All made by Kohlhaase & Kopp.

Attachments

• IMGP9960.JPG
    IMGP9960.JPG
    316.9 KB · Views: 17
Solani Black & White (Kohlhaase & Kopp) seems to be really good. A broken flake, but relatively mild, for my taste! Lovely. :)
A little tricky to burn down, but still on the good side!

Dark Virginia, Black Cavendish and Latakia.
The taste itself is more or less unspectactular.

Maybe a good flake for beginners?

Robert McConnell Scottish Cake (Kohlhaase & Kopp) and Weimar storebrand Liszt (MacBaren Vanilla/Mango).

The first one is still not becoming one of my favorites. Hearty and voluminous, but uninteresting to me.

Last time in mainstation tobacco store, I was given a promotion bag of VegaFina (DomRep) broken tobacco leafs. So today, I finally put some in my Design Berlin Magnum 67.

Very good (mild) cigar taste, but MAN, out of the pipe it was too strong! Halfways, I had to stop, because the nicotine kicked in too heavily. :p

Attachments

• IMGP7813.JPG
    IMGP7813.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads