Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab

3.14nche

A-List Customer
IMG_20241027_115903146~3.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
That's my second favorite Vanson of all time. I briefly had one but in the wrong size but it's a spectacle of a jacket. But the rest of ones wardrobe definitely needs to be centered around the Star.

I personally think the jacket needs to be slightly to massively oversized as the less it looks like you ride in it, the better - Especially if you don't ride at all. It's a pure fashion piece & any delusion that this is a motorcycle jacket one needs to let go of.

I also discovered that it works best with leather pants. But make it fashion. Always make it fashion!

I thought, you might like it...

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Ok, so I finally took the plunge.

Vanson Star. Always wanted one, never thought, I could seriously pull it off.
All available intel pointed to a jacket too extreme to wear off a racetrack. Then came the excellent review from @AeroFan_07 that should have confirmed my beliefs but didn’t as @Marc mndt made a comment in passing how the newer models came with longer backs.

Vansons own size charts are pretty useless, IMO, and they weren’t forthcoming with numbers (always wonder why that is…), but ButterScotch from Cali had the Star in stock and were kind enough to do measurements and conclusive pictures.

One week later (well done DHL and special thanks again to ButterScotch for handling import themselves!!!), here I am.

Fits as it should, I think. It’s pretty roomy, but I don’t think I could size down. I will likely layer with a hoodie most of the time, as I am not a fan of how the non-collar looks with my aged pencil-neck.
Back is 24” which is as short as I can go but no shorter.

Long story short: I love it, and I think I do pull it off. Such a cool statement piece!
Windflap - yeah, this may have to go. I get it, functionally, of course, but it’s obstructing the zipper and is simply to broad and bold. I will see.

Thanks for bearing with my ramblings…

View attachment 650082 View attachment 650083 View attachment 650084

You can definitely wear it, looks great on you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squash_fav