Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Observe

One Too Many
This is what I meant by the bomber epaulets.

View attachment 621038

If you zoom in the picture of him sitting with the director, you’ll see the epaulets are similar to the pic above. I’ve never seen a vintage Sears Dpocket has this epaulets configuration. Or maybe I’m missing something. Schott did borrow a lot of ideas from the aviator industry back in the days though.

Yours is the later version towards the 60s when they translations to the Oakbrook label.

I’ve seen that epaulets in the Sears map pocket though, but that jacket is based on an A2 chassis so that makes sense.

View attachment 621047
Oh I see what you mean now, different style of epaulets.

Cal, Kurland & their JCP/SC labeled jackets, some others used “bomber style” epaulets on some MC jackets. I can’t recall seeing them on Sears-labeled MC d pockets. The Appalachian jacket is the only MCish jacket.

That is a nice Schott D pocket. I wouldn’t kick it out of bed.

Mich486

One Too Many
When I first saw the movie trailer it looked like the Sears d pocket but I could tell the leather didn’t look like that of a 80yo jacket. Now it’s all clear. Cool jacket nonetheless.

This is (one of) the 50s versions, I believe made by CSC. (Also in the classifieds)

IMG_3219.jpeg

Nacho

Practically Family
Should be - though I'm a bit of a Jeff Nichols fan. Liked 'Mud', thought 'Take Shelter' was real good. Movies tend to take their time a bit but always solid.

Mud was great. Mcconaughey and Witherspoon did an awesome job in it. Also the kids and the late actor who plays the dad. Forgot his name…

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Schott 568 BLK Bikeriders limited jacket
Broken in feel with a weight in between the 519 & 613
View attachment 621029 View attachment 621030 View attachment 621031 View attachment 621032 View attachment 621033

This is a great jacket, and it suits you to a T! Big congratulations!

I didn’t much care for the last iterations of Perfectos, due to the odd dimensions (elongated bodies, tubular shapes), but they really outdid themselves with this one.
Only thing I am not completely sold on is the rather busy back.

I will eat a broom if that doesn’t sell out by the end of next week.

Nacho

Practically Family
Sam Sheppard. Would be surprised if his picture isn't already up here from the jacket he wore as Chuck Yeager in 'The Right Stuff' View attachment 621056

That’s him. Thanks, friend.

The Right Stuff was a great one as well. Got all heavy hitters cast - Sam, Dennis Quaid, Ed Harris and Scott Glenn. Scott Glenn was amazing in Training Day with Denzel even though his part was small.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Cal, Kurland & their JCP/SC labeled jackets, some others used “bomber style” epaulets on some MC jackets. I can’t recall seeing them on Sears-labeled MC d pockets. The Appalachian jacket is the only MCish jacket.

That is a nice Schott D pocket. I wouldn’t kick it out of bed.
Dont like the pebbled leather. I think they’re trying for an immediately soft jacket for people who see the movie and decide they want their 1st biker jacket

Jaymig926

Familiar Face
The jacket is definitely more pliable than the standard steer but still needs some breaking in it’s still a substantial jacket for sure , I’m not one for the soft fashion jacket and this one won me over

Mythic

New in Town
Thanks much! It really grows on me. Pleasure to put on. Very easy to wear, despite the apparent snugness. Wore it today with a fairly chunky hoodie amd had absolutely zero issue.

If it would grow one inch in length, I’d never take it off again…
It's slim but I can tell from the pic you've got that layering room! Just a true beauty, wear it in good health!

Buick

New in Town
I failed to attach writing to this one somehow. Anyway, I posted my brown Aero the other day and thought it would make sense to follow up with its dark sibling. I was working today though and that involved walking in the rain, so truthfully I had on a pretty un-stylish raincoat on for the most part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth