Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mythic

New in Town
I am a massive fan of Sugar Cane and every one of their leather jackets I've seen has blown me away, yet I pretty much never see them for sale even on Japanese sites.

Ha the Japanese stores do this when posting sizing pics of every item.
Most of their leather production goes to Buzz Rickson these days I think they probably do one or two 'Sugar Cane' branded leather jackets a year at this point, I have a Sugar Cane Indian jacket as well and it is 'Made in the U.K.' not sure where or by who precisely.

Mythic

New in Town
TMC "Code 33 Durable" repro. The "Johnny" jacket...

Thanks to @Mr.Leong and @soundwavvves for the inspiration and the later for helping out with my questions!

This is a size 44, and I suppose I could easily get away with one size up too. Chest, shoulders, sleeves are all fine, and I can zip it up without an issue, but it´s mighty short.
Fit ranges somewhere in between my two other "Black Crosszips", The LL Lightning (which is a bit tighter) and the Schott 613SH (which is a bit looser/longer).

View attachment 620685 View attachment 620684 View attachment 620683
That's an absolute stunner!!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Wearing this Aero Highwayman today, from 2014. Love the colour and the FQHH is less shiny and somehow softer than my black Aero. What do you think about the sleeve length? Personally I often fold back sleeves on denim jackets etc so they are more out of the way, so I quite like these just coming to the top of my hand - but I wonder if it is seen as an ‘incorrect’ fit? (I’m not particularly concerned either way - just interested in perspective on this). Thanks!
View attachment 620789
Welcome to the lounge Buick.

That’s a very good looking Highwayman and a great color.
“Incorrect” sleeve length?? Not at all. Correct would be what looks right to the wearer and more importantly what feels right to the wearer.
Rolled denim jackets, was how it was done back in the day for some.
Funny how the “feel” of sleeve length rarely gets mentioned here, yet if off kinda ruins the feel of the whole jacket.
If it feels right…it is right.
B

Last edited:

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
IMG_20240614_111252762.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
That's an absolute stunner!!

Thanks much! It really grows on me. Pleasure to put on. Very easy to wear, despite the apparent snugness. Wore it today with a fairly chunky hoodie amd had absolutely zero issue.

If it would grow one inch in length, I’d never take it off again…

Buick

New in Town
Welcome to the lounge Buick.

That’s a very good looking Highwayman and a great color.
“Incorrect” sleeve length?? Not at all. Correct would be what looks right to the wearer and more importantly what feels right to the wearer.
Rolled denim jackets, was how it was done back in the day for some.
Funny how the “feel” of sleeve length rarely gets mentioned here, yet if off kinda ruins the feel of the whole jacket.
If it feels right…it is right.
B

Thank you @AbbaDatDeHat - I appreciate the welcome and the sage words. It was a minor niggle that, although I felt it was a good length for me, that I might be breaking a sartorial ‘rule’ about cuff length that I wasn’t aware of. Nice to hear some pragmatic and supportive replies here. There’ll always be someone who sees it differently, but I’m okay with that.

Jaymig926

Familiar Face
The jacket is limited to 100 between the Schott stores the nyc store is holding a bike riders event on Tuesday which includes the sale of the jacket and a screening of the movie it also has an optional belt and collar available next week
I picked up a size large I’m 5 9 1/2 and 215 pounds
It has a 25” back
26 front
About 19 shoulder and about a 23 1/4 chest
26 on the sleeve
Nice supple steer hide like the 519 but a little thicker

Nacho

Practically Family
Schott 568 BLK Bikeriders limited jacket
Broken in feel with a weight in between the 519 & 613
View attachment 621029 View attachment 621030 View attachment 621031 View attachment 621032 View attachment 621033

Nice! Schott did all the jackets for the new movie Bikerriders coming out next week.

Tom Hardy wears your jacket in the movie.

IMG_6985.jpeg

At first I thought it was the vintage Sears D-pocket but when I saw the bomber epaulets on this jacket, I knew it’s something different. Found out later that Schott outfitted the entire film crew.

IMG_6986.jpeg

You can see the bomber epaulet on his jacket here. Never seen it on a vintage Sears D pocket before.

Last edited:

Jaymig926

Familiar Face
Nice! Schott did all the jackets for the new movie Bikerriders coming out next week.

View attachment 621034

At first I thought it was the vintage Sears D-pocket but when I saw the bomber epaulets on this jacket, I knew it’s something different. Found out later that Schott outfitted the entire film crew.
Yup that’s it !

Observe

One Too Many

View attachment 621034

I wonder if the movie will be any good. Part of me wants to see it just for the jackets lol.

Nacho

Practically Family
This is a Sears Oakbrook I had last year (sold it and now kinda feel sad about it lol) and it does have epaulets. Maybe not as old as the example you had in mind @Nacho?
View attachment 621037

This is what I meant by the bomber epaulets.

IMG_6987.jpeg

If you zoom in the picture of him sitting with the director, you’ll see the epaulets are similar to the pic above. I’ve never seen a vintage Sears Dpocket having this epaulets configuration before. Or maybe I’m missing something. Schott did borrow a lot of ideas from the aviation industry back in the days though.

Yours is the later version towards the 60s when they transitioned to the Oakbrook label.

I’ve seen that bomber epaulets on the Sears map pocket though, but that jacket is built on an A2 chassis so that makes sense.

IMG_6106.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB123