Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Nykwil

One of the Regulars
Joe Mccoys Nelson MJ19115 from 2020 production, size 44, has a bigger back than front, back is also contoured in the half belt shape, boxier than Mobster. 50.01% functional main zip, maybe that's why my seller unloaded it me...

View attachment 618974
View attachment 618977 View attachment 618978 View attachment 618980
Is there an actual difference between models? I bought one direct from Japan in Jan. 2024 but it doesn't have that model number on the tag at all.

Fits great in the size 40 I got.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Melanoma is one of the best arguments against shorts. Mosquito-born diseases might be better, though. I don’t worry about either where I am here in the US, but when I’m in Asia I actually wear long Thai trousers with cotton socks, shoes and a light long-sleeve cotton shirt. Dengue fever is no joke.
Before long the US will have Dengue fever and a host of other diseases from all over the globe.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Is there an actual difference between models? I bought one direct from Japan in Jan. 2024 but it doesn't have that model number on the tag at all.

Fits great in the size 40 I got.
I got mine used without the cardstock label/tag. There is no model numbers on the jacket, I got the date info from my seller and model numbers through research.

The measurements check out from the current restock. There might be other models that looked similar but under a different model number I am not sure.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

IMG_8233.jpg

IMG_8234.jpg

The Japanese retailers measurements for length is longer, most likely because they measure along the curve, but straight down its only about 25" ish.

This jacket has a nice half belt cut I can easily move up and down one size and would still work. I am not picky when it comes to used jackets that offers a good deal, I take what I can get...

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
I wanted to show my summer outfit from the Manhattan Vintage Show the other day as technically my soon-to-be suit is just the jacket worn as a sport coat at the moment. I made the jacket using drafting manuals from 1916-19, and the detachable collar, necktie and cuffs. I found a pre tied collar stud tie that was in abysmal shape and picked it apart for the hardware.

The jacket kicked my ass. It has a few flaws, but it fits! I've actually seen worse tailoring in period images than in my own coat. No pants yet. My sewing machine went on strike and it's in the repair shop.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1717624231048.jpg
    FB_IMG_1717624231048.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 55
  • FB_IMG_1717624223561.jpg
    FB_IMG_1717624223561.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 51
  • FB_IMG_1717624218987.jpg
    FB_IMG_1717624218987.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 44
  • FB_IMG_1717624215539.jpg
    FB_IMG_1717624215539.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Just received, this Bronson 'Tiger Stripe' camo jungle jacket - to say I'm impressed by the quality to price ratio is an understatement - really nicely put together, feels so easy to wear and provides a rare splash of (limited) colour in my wardrobe.My wife is not thus far convinced, but I at least really like it.

PXL_20240606_132652567.jpg

Testing out new Sugar Cane pants, too hot for the RC Hercules but the pants are a winner in my book. Roomy enough to feel breezy but not super oversized either. Really dig how this all works together.

I’ll be posting more about it soon but Rainbow Country has agreed to let me be a vendor for them in the USA. Got confirmation today and learned simultaneously that I have to make the order by Friday so it’s crunch time lol.

That being said if you’ve been looking for a new Hercules hit me up! Especially if you need a smaller or larger size, otherwise I’ll be ordering near the center of the size curve. I may get other models but will have to see.

View attachment 618686 View attachment 618687
I saw your IG post and I have to ask…Mushmans has these for $1.5k but your price is $2.150k? Surely you deserve something for the effort and the inevitable pains that come with also being a customer service rep. Is this what you’ve built into your pricing model? Are there enough folks willing to go that high over retail/ direct from Japan?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Just received, this Bronson 'Tiger Stripe' camo jungle jacket - to say I'm impressed by the quality to price ratio is an understatement - really nicely put together, feels so easy to wear and provides a rare splash of (limited) colour in my wardrobe.My wife is not thus far convinced, but I at least really like it.

View attachment 619149

Looks good! Branson has amazing bang for the buck

I saw your IG post and I have to ask…Mushmans has these for $1.5k but your price is $2.150k? Surely you deserve something for the effort and the inevitable pains that come with also being a customer service rep. Is this what you’ve built into your pricing model? Are there enough folks willing to go that high over retail/ direct from Japan?

I was also wondering about that.

cbez

One Too Many
Shipping, customs, inevitable hassles of customer service, business taxes and overhead...

I'm a broke ass who buys used exclusively but idk why you are surprised by this.

Customs is $80
Shipping is probably $50-80 per individual, less on multiple.
There is no business tax or overhead on a crowd sourced 5 jacket order., if anything, the individual unit price would presumably be lower.
I’m surprised that people would pay $650 over retail. That’s why I asked.
Shipping, customs, inevitable hassles of customer service, business taxes and overhead...

I'm a broke ass who buys used exclusively but idk why you are surprised by this.

Al 916

One Too Many
I recently stumbled on the L.L. Bean brand. Seems to be made all over the world (anyone any info?)

I have a couple of their cotton heavy button jumpers and just picked this up for home wear. Satin lined sleeves and sheepette lined, YKK zip pull. Very well made kit, it's perfect (for me) for a June evening in the shires.

Who's too old for a damn hoodie!??

1000014321.jpg

cbez

One Too Many
Customs is $80
Shipping is probably $50-80 per individual, less on multiple.
There is no business tax or overhead on a crowd sourced 5 jacket order., if anything, the individual unit price would presumably be lower.
I’m surprised that people would pay $650 over retail. That’s why I asked.
There is absolutely business tax on any profit, if he's going for official distributor and not just guy who did a group buy.

It's basically in line with every other place importing jackets.

Viking752

Practically Family
I recently stumbled on the L.L. Bean brand. Seems to be made all over the world (anyone any info?)

I have a couple of their cotton heavy button jumpers and just picked this up for home wear. Satin lined sleeves and sheepette lined, YKK zip pull. Very well made kit, it's perfect (for me) for a June evening in the shires.

Who's too old for a damn hoodie!??

View attachment 619267
Not sure of the current status but L.L. Bean has been around for many years in Maine, USA. I have owned many items over the years, mostly good quality leather goods. My understanding is that their Flying Tigers A-2 jacket is fairly sought after and I actually owned one I passed along. Overall an American staple in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth