Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

@casechopper , it may be a bit wide, yeah. It's not really noticeable while not zipped up, but from what you say, it'd be too lose. On your picture, the most striking thing I see is the sleeve's tunnel effect. It's a bit much, as we can't even see the cuffs.
It's a good candidate for the HWT! Since CC has about 98 jackets, what's a little hot water on one of 'em? I think I'd give that a a shot if it was one of many in the stable...just my 2¢

How much would you guess a HWT would shrink it? I wonder how the oil pull leather would handle that?
Not sure TBH. I did an oil-pull Aero years back. It came out nice, and it did shrink, and the leather had a lot of grain when done.
I sold it on as I was getting the new one from Aero but it was really much nicer after.
Just a thought - don't want to encourage you to do something then regret it - just an option.

I saw that. Looked brilliant on you but good on you for sticking with the blue. It will be stellar! Nah, I'll leave the natural for Handymike or Edward. Next time. As if I was really decided on anything in the first place...;) Truth is, I do better when I'm not in a place to make decisions. Too much back and forths with the choices. I'll never be the president.
Btw, for anyone considering tartan, it's not scratchy at all. Feels smooth as a baby's bottom!
You scored yourself a real beauty in that one Nick...Enjoy it!

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
A 1930s half belt. I know I know...:) :) A style I would have never opted for, but when you are able to try it on it's an entirely new game.
View attachment 49563

I know exactly what you mean. I walked into Insurrection/Thurston Bros looking for something else. That is, until I tried on the HB. It wasn't a style I was looking for or really interested in at the time, but after trying it on, I was sold.

Beautiful jacket btw.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
i
I know exactly what you mean. I walked into Insurrection/Thurston Bros looking for something else. That is, until I tried on the HB. It wasn't a style I was looking for or really interested in at the time, but after trying it on, I was sold.

Beautiful jacket btw.

Exactly the same with me! Blues and Nick, I wasn't aiming for a 30's HB either when I walked into Insurrection. Then however I tried it on and well, it's on my chair at work now 7 months later and I still love every bit of it! My "Daily Driver" if you will.

Beautiful jacket btw.

I can confirm this phenomenon. When my friend asked me to sell his HB, I never once thought it would be this painful to let go of it. It's a decision I know will come and haunt me many times in what remains of my life... I know HWM is Aero's most popular number but 30'a HB should be their flagship product. It's really a class of its own.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Too much truth in finding a style based on your body type. Seasoned members here have said it over and over, and it's really sage advice. I loved the Highwayman, but it didn't sit right on my frame. This one just works. It took about .0005 seconds of contemplation, whereas I was always second guessing the fit of the HWM.

Today the first time, that I read about the Levi's vintage-lines, for example the "Type III-jacket 1967", costing 380 Euro (!), here. Made in U.S.A.

Are they premium-quality? Anybody knows?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@casehopper its not a bad at all but every one of your other jackets have an impeccable fit...this doesn't quite live up to the impossible standard you have set for yourself imo.

If you are looking to move some on, I'd probably start here but its not like its so terrible that it must go.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, the mental aspect of really seeing that a particular cut/model won't work with your physique is rough. But it's the best hurdle that you can jump to finding the jacket(s) that will make you happy.
We all ain't cut like a linebacker, or the scarecrow. So find the ones that work for you and avoid the others...

Aero A2. I really like this jacket but it's probably too big for me and I'm thinking I should probably sell it. I'd welcome any criticism on fit on this one.

RZkjdiSh.jpg
RxFOqdBh.jpg

The thought something might be off didn't even occur to me until I read the comments. The stripes are awesome.

devilish

A-List Customer
Today the first time, that I read about the Levi's vintage-lines, for example the "Type III-jacket 1967", costing 380 Euro (!), here. Made in U.S.A.

Are they premium-quality? Anybody knows?

Short answer. No, not really. They are nicer than a regular line Levi's jacket but not quite worth the premium mark up. If you are of the right size, go for The Real McCoy's Type III instead. They can be had from Super Denim in London for £225.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1