Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Early 60s Taubers straight zip
VideoCapture_20240831-185046_resized.jpg
Police jacket. Leather on the orange label jackets are not noted. Not horsehide. Measurements said too big, but it fits fine. Taubers are a favorite.
VideoCapture_20240831-184657_resized.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Not so much wearing, just trying out a couple incoming jackets. Both will wind up in the Classifieds soon. Gave each one a nice conditioning after photos were taken, these photos show them as received.

No-Name "Real Leather" cross-zip. Actually not too bad leather on this one, certainly nicer than my first few M/C jackets.
DSC_0333.JPG
DSC_0334.JPG

Mystery Vanson - looks like a Mercury, but has an unusual "outside" windflap. Nice Comp weight cowhide, certainly too small & short for me. It was pretty dry when received, and I'll do a more thorough review in the Vanson, Vanson, Vanson thread.

DSC_0335.JPG DSC_0336.JPG DSC_0338.JPG

Other than the windflap placement, I would say it's indeed a Mercury. There are no zippers on the handwarmer pockets, and the collar does not snap down.

https://www.vansonleathers.com/casu...rial_color-black_competition_weight/7-size-32

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Is this Maverick the 'Firenze' leather vice the Comp? Is it a recent acquisition or one you obtained some time ago? I have one in the Comp Leather (2019) and it doesn't have the drape/softness yours appears to have. Picked up a Maverick in the Brandy Roma about 3 weeks ago - that leather is super nice. Thanks for posting - the Vanson Maverick is the Type 3 that always looks right.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Is this Maverick the 'Firenze' leather vice the Comp? Is it a recent acquisition or one you obtained some time ago? I have one in the Comp Leather (2019) and it doesn't have the drape/softness yours appears to have. Picked up a Maverick in the Brandy Roma about 3 weeks ago - that leather is super nice. Thanks for posting - the Vanson Maverick is the Type 3 that always looks right.
I'm not sure quite honestly if its Firenze. This just arrived secondhand from Japan last week, and based on the seller's description I'm at least the third owner. It does have a serial number stamped on the inside pocket, so I guess I could contact Vanson and verify against their internal records.

Obviously it's not an apples to apples comparison but it's a full pound lighter (4.2 vs 5.2) than my old comp weight Model C in its back center seam glory. Here's a few quick comparison photos that I just snapped. The low sun angle earlier didn't really capture the Maverick's color adequately:
20240904_122621.jpg
20240904_122640.jpg
20240904_122742.jpg

Your Brandy Roma is a beautiful shade, and like you, I was inspired to pick up a Maverick thanks the @torfjord's posts amongst others here with this same jacket. Shoutout to @JMax as well for allowing me to pick his brain before I pulled the trigger on this.

I'm not sure quite honestly if its Firenze. This just arrived secondhand from Japan last week, and based on the seller's description I'm at least the third owner. It does have a serial number stamped on the inside pocket, so I guess I could contact Vanson and verify against their internal records.

Obviously it's not an apples to apples comparison but it's a full pound lighter (4.2 vs 5.2) than my old comp weight Model C in its back center seam glory. Here's a few quick comparison photos that I just snapped. The low sun angle earlier didn't really capture the Maverick's color adequately:
View attachment 637555 View attachment 637556 View attachment 637557

Your Brandy Roma is a beautiful shade, and like you, I was inspired to pick up a Maverick thanks the @torfjord's posts amongst others here with this same jacket. Shoutout to @JMax as well for allowing me to pick his brain before I pulled the trigger on this.

Awesome.

@Mickiemac I’d say it is CW. Some of the non-black CW offerings drape, are more pliable from the start.

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars

View attachment 637555 View attachment 637556 View attachment 637557

Thanks for your reply and the comparison images of your Model C and Maverick. From my observation your Maverick appears to be the Comp leather and is more in line with my Comp Maverick. Yes, Torfjord was the instigator (in a good way!) for myself and you to get a Maverick in the Brandy Roma. That makes 3 so far on this forum that I am aware of. Maybe those who like this style of jacket could flood Vanson with orders and deplete their supply of Brandy Roma leather! Regardless of style, the Roma leather is quite special and I'm glad Vanson has it on offer.

A side note regarding weight comparison - my Maverick in Comp is a bit more robust in heft compared to the Roma one which was more pliable right out of the box. They both fit the same but the non-Roma is a bit more restrictive due to it's stiffness (still!!).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1