Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Men didn't wear shorts, shorts were for boys.

I wish this was still the case.

Shorts past the age of 30 is just another nail in the coffing of proper style. Unless on the beach, or while exercising, of course.

I recently saw a colleague in our office-canteen with bike-shorts. The tight onces with the leather inlay. Asked if he needed psychiatric assistance or just a strong kick in the backside. He replied (all innocvent-eyed), that he took the bike going to work. I just said, that I did some laps in the pool before work, but I was not wearing my speedos.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
This discussion makes my think of this movie scene from 'Malena' where the main character, Renato, was teased by his buddies because he was still wearing shorts while his mates had already graduated to long trousers.

Therefore he steals a pair of his dad's long trousers and takes them to the tailor to have them altered.

IMG_1346.jpeg

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Monty wore them, so did The Desert Fox, in North Africa. 1941. Churchill wore pants.
View attachment 617747

Thanks. Stock M-LEI ( the boxy one). I asked to add the zipper so it’s easier to zip up but still kept the snaps.

In the right situation, nothing wrong with a nice mid-thigh. A bit shorter than you prefer but not quite grape-smugglers.

In the right situation, nothing wrong with a nice mid-thigh. A bit shorter than you prefer but not quite grape-smugglers.
I think Lemmy had the right idea. if you're going to do it, you may as well go all the way up:)
ESdR3eiXYAoVbAp.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
About shorts, I would always respect the dress code first. If the restaurant or event have a certain dress code I would always follow that.
Vancouver is a very relaxed place, and now is the rare 2 months of nice sunshine, so I’m gonna try to wear as much shorts as possible to get some tan on me, but never at a place or event where I’d be the only one wearing shorts.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
When I moved from Hawaii back to the mainland I had to buy pants (and shoes)...

The only time I had long pants on was when i was wearing my wet suit :)

Same, When I moved from the Big Island I had to buy long trousers, shoes and even a shirt. I kind of miss wandering through life in nothing but my board shorts.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88