Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Gareth

Familiar Face
Spectacular band!! Would you be so kind as to post addition views for the rest of us wide brim fans?!

If any of you fancy getting one of these they are available at https://thomasfarthing.co.uk/collections/fedoras a business with which I am in no way connected. Watch out! they sell out fast.

1728556050150.jpeg
1728556101572.jpeg 1728556140439.jpeg

1728556254582.jpeg

1728556322903.jpeg

1728556374814.jpeg

Last edited:

TimmyV

A-List Customer
This morning's lid is a Stetsonian that came to me without a liner. There is no Stetson stamp inside of the crown of the hat which leads me to believe that the hat originally had a liner. Hoping maybe one of y'all could educate me on this one ?
Very Whippet like hat but certainly not from that vintage. However, the felt has a nice hand to it and it molds easily without steam.
Hope y'all have a good 'un !

20241005_124552.jpg
20241005_124612.jpg
20241005_124632.jpg
20241005_124645.jpg
20241005_124838.jpg

Monte

Practically Family
This morning's lid is a Stetsonian that came to me without a liner. There is no Stetson stamp inside of the crown of the hat which leads me to believe that the hat originally had a liner. Hoping maybe one of y'all could educate me on this one ?
Very Whippet like hat but certainly not from that vintage. However, the felt has a nice hand to it and it molds easily without steam.

View attachment 645757 View attachment 645758 View attachment 645759 View attachment 645760 View attachment 645761

The font and logo on the sweatband points to it being one of the newer ones that were available about 8-10 years ago. That would make it a modern Royal Deluxe and yes, it did have a liner when it was produced.

RickP

Practically Family

View attachment 645757 View attachment 645758 View attachment 645759 View attachment 645760 View attachment 645761
Nice looking hat. Im thinking that they discontinued the Stetsonian about 2015 or so? Somebody here with more knowledge in their noggin and more coffee than I have inside this morning can correct me. Id agree that with no stamping inside the top that the headliner was removed. Ive seen some older vintage Stetsonians and Playboys that were unlined and just had imprinting on the inside. Most that Ive had within arms reach seemed to maybe be just a hair taller than the vintage Whippets. I love any of the wider edge binding hats.

One of my "Mystery Linerless Children" looks similiar. Has the original sweat, missing liner, but it only has Royal Stetson and a store stamp ( no model stamp and no build tag). I had it side by side with a newer Stetsonian once, and the Stetsonian was about 1/2" taller. Fortunately Etsy is plum full of people selling nice replacement liners (thats what I did)

Compress_20241010_082101_1618.jpg
20241010_082004.jpg
Compress_20241010_082100_0859.jpg

DonR

A-List Customer
Holy moly...500 sq.ft !! No doubt the boss, er I mean your wife must be a very patient lady.lol.

Oh no doubt. She couldn't believe the number of hats and boxes I had stuffed into my closet and under our bed. There was already about 30 hats stored in the crawl space. 500 sqft is tiny, but it is about double what we were used to from living on a boat for 20 years. We want more space now, but it can wait.

VoodooSan

One Too Many

Oh, my! That is VERY handsome, Timmy!

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Good morning. My morning soirée was taken under the peak of a wool cap. Cool temps and a wind had me in a cap.

Home and enjoying coffee under the brim of a Stetson Stratoliner.

i-v4Xvfk2-M.jpg

i-RhX99Nx-M.jpg

A few morning chores had me wearing a Penny's Marathon. Temps have climbed to 50'f (10'c) and I cooled off with some ice water.

i-mMgdpLk-M.jpg

i-bswFFQp-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Both very nice, of course, but the ribbon on that Marathon!! My, oh, my!!

TimmyV

A-List Customer
Nice looking hat. Im thinking that they discontinued the Stetsonian about 2015 or so? Somebody here with more knowledge in their noggin and more coffee than I have inside this morning can correct me. Id agree that with no stamping inside the top that the headliner was removed. Ive seen some older vintage Stetsonians and Playboys that were unlined and just had imprinting on the inside. Most that Ive had within arms reach seemed to maybe be just a hair taller than the vintage Whippets. I love any of the wider edge binding hats.

One of my "Mystery Linerless Children" looks similiar. Has the original sweat, missing liner, but it only has Royal Stetson and a store stamp ( no model stamp and no build tag). I had it side by side with a newer Stetsonian once, and the Stetsonian was about 1/2" taller. Fortunately Etsy is plum full of people selling nice replacement liners (thats what I did)

View attachment 645771 View attachment 645769 View attachment 645770

Much "Whippet-ness " there !! Looks good. I got a guy on Etsy out of New York that I get my leather sweatbands and liners from. I tend to like the ones with piping around the tip, like yours is. Here's the one I went with...
20241010_115600.jpg

Thanks, friends!

Joe, I don’t know where you’re at down there in Florida, but I sure hope you’re somewhere safe!!
Thanks Randall. The worst was on the west coast…. However a feeder band came through here yesterday that spawned about 30 tornadoes through our area that caused massive damage… mostly about 30 min or so north of us. Two came within a mile of my brother in laws house on either side. He was very lucky. Never have seen that much tornadic activity in Florida in my life.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markjames