Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Gareth

Familiar Face
Good morning. My morning soirre was taken under the brim of a Cadet Blue fedora.

Stetson Premier Stratoliner.

i-tGhwN3Q-M.jpg

i-zn9Fqnv-M.jpg

I enjoyed coffee under the brim of a Dobbs Fifty Westward.

Cheers, Eric -

You just sold me on blue hats!

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Thanks guys. I really enjoy the hat and appreciate its uniqueness. It is a hat that has a special place on my hat rack.

The Premier Stratoliner is a glorious version of the Stratoliner. As to the color, Cadet Blue, it is very vibrant blue. As the name implies it is Air Force Cadet Blue. The historic periodical advertisements refereed to it as a Cadet Blue.

It is a hard hat to take photos of. This morning's pics are not the best as the new morning sun washed everything with too much vivid colors. Crazy early Fall sunlight! The pic of me wearing the hat gives a better idea of the felt hue.

Apologies if the above is too much info. Enjoy felt hat time, Eric -
No such thing as too much info on a great hat, Eric. Or, really, ANY hat!!

VoodooSan

One Too Many

RickP

Practically Family
Heading down into Houston tomorrow for a friends funeral. Had to test fit the suit to make sure I dont have and surprises when I put it on (2nd time in 5-1/2 yrs I put on a suit) Im debating whether to wear a hat due to the heat, but both the black Temple and Black Bogart do look good with it. Of course its a Texas funeral so I guess I could wear one of the nicer Open Roads

View attachment 644445 View attachment 644446
Interesting observation from the funeral today.....There were as couple of other gentlemen wearing hats, and the Catholic Church the service was in actually hat hat hangers underneath the pews lol ( older church)

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Interesting observation from the funeral today.....There were as couple of other gentlemen wearing hats, and the Catholic Church the service was in actually hat hat hangers underneath the pews lol ( older church)
Wow. I hadn't thought of pew-back hat hangers in decades.....

RickP

Practically Family
And the Akubra Bogart wore very well.... got a few comments.. Always loved that hat.... now if I can ever find one of the rare grey ones in a 59......

Last edited:

rogueclimber

A-List Customer
Heading down into Houston tomorrow for a friends funeral. Had to test fit the suit to make sure I dont have and surprises when I put it on (2nd time in 5-1/2 yrs I put on a suit) Im debating whether to wear a hat due to the heat, but both the black Temple and Black Bogart do look good with it. Of course its a Texas funeral so I guess I could wear one of the nicer Open Roads

View attachment 644445 View attachment 644446

May your friend rest easy

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. My morning soirre was taken under the brim of a Cadet Blue fedora.

Stetson Premier Stratoliner.

i-tGhwN3Q-M.jpg

i-zn9Fqnv-M.jpg

I enjoyed coffee under the brim of a Dobbs Fifty Westward.

i-hHKVFxP-M.jpg

i-x8CpdZ9-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
eric.jpg
Absolutely exquisite Eric, had I seen this photo previously my own blue fedora may have been styled similarly. A while ago I came across a hat like your's in an advert in some, long forgotten, magazine. Chances are it was probably whilst in the waiting room at my dentist. Remembering the dentist is not something that I make a habit of.

My cordwainer looked over the Stetson Strat, then he checked out the colour of my blazer, and came up with this:
Blazers 27 11 2023 001.JPG

The black hatband was Tina's suggestion, saying that
the blazer's similar black stripes gives the hat a better
appearance. My own choice of hatband was to have
it in silk in a similar blue colour. The black has grown on me.

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Still wearing straw during the day, but pulled out another Barbisio that came to me from Stefan over the summer for a visit to the local Indian place. It felt good on the head. Size is just right. The colour is a bit greener than it shows in the photos. Definitely up there in my top couple of stingy brims. Mid 50s to early 60s by Stefan’s reckoning.
IMG_2190.jpeg
IMG_2191.jpeg
IMG_2198.jpeg
IMG_2200.jpeg

TimmyV

A-List Customer
View attachment 644688
Absolutely exquisite Eric, had I seen this photo previously my own blue fedora may have been styled similarly. A while ago I came across a hat like your's in an advert in some, long forgotten, magazine. Chances are it was probably whilst in the waiting room at my dentist. Remembering the dentist is not something that I make a habit of.

My cordwainer looked over the Stetson Strat, then he checked out the colour of my blazer, and came up with this:
View attachment 644689
The black hatband was Tina's suggestion, saying that
the blazer's similar black stripes gives the hat a better
appearance. My own choice of hatband was to have
it in silk in a similar blue colour. The black has grown on me.
Looking good GHT !! I'm gonna jump on the Blue bandwagon myself this morning with this Powder Blue homberg from Biltmore.
Hope y'all have a good 'un !

20241004_125015.jpg
20241004_125024.jpg
20241004_125045.jpg
20241004_125905.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centurionslut