Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Monte

Practically Family
Heading down into Houston tomorrow for a friends funeral. Had to test fit the suit to make sure I dont have and surprises when I put it on (2nd time in 5-1/2 yrs I put on a suit) Im debating whether to wear a hat due to the heat, but both the black Temple and Black Bogart do look good with it. Of course its a Texas funeral so I guess I could wear one of the nicer Open Roads

View attachment 644445 View attachment 644446
Circumstances aside, you look great. I like to wear suits to funerals....not that many do anymore, unfortunately. I wore my taupe suit last time. I wasn't sure about the color at first....ended up being the best dressed guy there, IMHO. This was the suit color:

Attachments

• 20240817_140300.jpg
    20240817_140300.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
Heading down into Houston tomorrow for a friends funeral. Had to test fit the suit to make sure I dont have and surprises when I put it on (2nd time in 5-1/2 yrs I put on a suit) Im debating whether to wear a hat due to the heat, but both the black Temple and Black Bogart do look good with it. Of course its a Texas funeral so I guess I could wear one of the nicer Open Roads

I’m sorry for your loss, Rick.

I’m guessing the one on the bottom is the Bogart... would make a fine choice. Looking very sharp.

VoodooSan

One Too Many

My condolences for your loss, Rick.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Sharp as ever, Robert.
Thank you Joe, much appreciated.
I have to agree with Timmy, sir. You ALWAYS look spendiferous, but I would have opted for the casual look today, given the eye-catching splendor of that aloha shirt.
When I changed out of the collar and tie and put that shirt on it did draw some favourable comments. My favourite comment by far though has to come from the talented lady who made it, who makes most of what I wear, my darling wife, what a treasure she is.
When I showed her the comments here she went all bashful and said: "Aw shucks!"
Paisley aloha shirt 003.JPG

Today's moss green fedora by Gamble & Gunn tends to look more black than green. I looked up green fedora and none of the resulting photos had a strong image of green. No mistaking the green in the Paisley shirt that my wife made for me, nor the green in the shoes that Colin made.

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab

Sorry for your loss.
As for the outfit, I think most of us here would agree. When in doubt, wear a hat.

GHT

I'll Lock Up

You wear the hat & suit purposefully Rick, sombre and respectful. My condolences for your loss, may the memory of the deceased live on in your heart and mind.

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Thank you Joe, much appreciated.

When I changed out of the collar and tie and put that shirt on it did draw some favourable comments. My favourite comment by far though has to come from the talented lady who made it, who makes most of what I wear, my darling wife, what a treasure she is.
When I showed her the comments here she went all bashful and said: "Aw shucks!"
View attachment 644484
Today's moss green fedora by Gamble & Gunn tends to look more black than green. I looked up green fedora and none of the resulting photos had a strong image of green. No mistaking the green in the Paisley shirt that my wife made for me, nor the green in the shoes that Colin made.
That is a STUNNING ensemble, Robert!

TimmyV

A-List Customer
Good morning. My morning soirre was taken under the brim of a Cadet Blue fedora.

Stetson Premier Stratoliner.

i-tGhwN3Q-M.jpg

i-zn9Fqnv-M.jpg

I enjoyed coffee under the brim of a Dobbs Fifty Westward.

i-hHKVFxP-M.jpg

i-x8CpdZ9-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
WOW, I believe that is the first Blue Premier Stratoliner that I have ever seen. I have a Black one but they're probably a dime a dozen compared to that one !

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Eric!

WOW, I believe that is the first Blue Premier Stratoliner that I have ever seen. I have a Black one but they're probably a dime a dozen compared to that one !

Both very nice, Eric, but that blue Strat.....YOWZA!!!!

Thanks guys. I really enjoy the hat and appreciate its uniqueness. It is a hat that has a special place on my hat rack.

The Premier Stratoliner is a glorious version of the Stratoliner. As to the color, Cadet Blue, it is very vibrant blue. As the name implies it is Air Force Cadet Blue. The historic periodical advertisements refereed to it as a Cadet Blue.

It is a hard hat to take photos of. This morning's pics are not the best as the new morning sun washed everything with too much vivid colors. Crazy early Fall sunlight! The pic of me wearing the hat gives a better idea of the felt hue.

Apologies if the above is too much info. Enjoy felt hat time, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrgorve