Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

WWII era Royal Stetson sold from a tailor/haberdashery located next door to now famous Vidler's 5 & 10 (still there) in the historic town of East Aurora twenty miles southeast of Buffalo. Menashe Kadet, an immigrant who settled in Western NY and died in 1961 followed a familiar path for Jews from eastern Europe to America at the dawn of the 20th century. My family was on that boat too.

100224_1.jpg

100224_5.jpg

100224_2.jpg

100224_3.jpg

100224_4.jpg

VoodooSan

One Too Many
WWII era Royal Stetson sold from a tailor/haberdashery located next door to now famous Vidler's 5 & 10 (still there) in the historic town of East Aurora twenty miles southeast of Buffalo. Menashe Kadet, an immigrant who settled in Western NY and died in 1961 followed a familiar path for Jews from eastern Europe to America at the dawn of the 20th century. My family was on that boat too.

View attachment 644108

View attachment 644109

View attachment 644112

View attachment 644111

View attachment 644110
That is VERY good-looking, Alan!! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the informative history, as well!

RickP

Practically Family
I LOVE starting out the Day here... always someone sharing something georgeous that Id love but cant justify the cost of. I particularly enjoy seeing when someone picked up a hat that I had looked at. With some of the folks here I never have to worry about a nice hat going to a bad home.. SOMEONE always grabs it! lol Guess Im living vicariously through other peoples hats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josephjay21