Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Blare. I certainly hope so too, and I can use all the prayers I can get. In the meantime I have an appointment with pain management on the 27th. Needless to say I was none too happy having to wait that long . Especially since this pain is so unbearable. The price of getting older, I guess. Everyone take care of yourselves the best you can. Most of us here are not 21 anymore.
6th and 7th decades are like a toll road….gotta pay sometime. Sigh
Get well.
B

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
This morning I'm wearing another of my stingy brim fedoras. This one is a Cavanagh Twenty Five Canadian Beaver made in Canada under license so I reckon it was made by Biltmore but just kinda guessing. This one really POPS in the sunshine, let me tell ya !

20240914_145524.jpg
20240914_145534.jpg
20240914_145631.jpg

MAPip

New in Town
View attachment 637147
You can never go wrong with a Stratoliner, I love it.
You got a mention yesterday Stefan. Tina had noticed your Sunday omission. At the moment the lady has much time on her hands. She is recovering from surgery, a heart ablation. Look it up, it's heart surgery from within. Now she has to rest, I tried to get her to post on here. "Oh, no, no, no. She said

View attachment 637145 View attachment 637146
So, while the lady recovers, I am cook, bottle washer and taxi driver. I have been running her around in the car. She was asked to have all make up removed before surgery, today I ran her to that lady place where women get their nails "done." The reaction to my hat and shoes in the supermarket and elsewhere has been classic.
Impeccable style. I don't know if it was intentional but the hat bash and break in the pant legs are similar in geometry and really elevate the overall appeal of the outfit.

RickP

Practically Family
Nice one, Rick. The ribbons appear to have a pinkish hue on the photo, is that just lighting?
Its definately unusual... Hat felt is actually a greenish tint and the ribbon and binding have a rose colored tint. Its a nice change from silverbelly. I LOVE abnormal hats lol. There is some fading on the ribbon, and Ive already decided that if ever necessary, Ill replace with a new rose ribbon. The green and rose just looks nice. It the back of my mind im thinking of replicating the slightly wider ribbon from the late 1800s army Campaign hat style that is folded into a point

Heres a shot with better lighting

Compress_20240817_075708_8157.jpg

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
Its definately unusual... Hat felt is actually a greenish tint and the ribbon and binding have a rose colored tint. Its a nice change from silverbelly. I LOVE abnormal hats lol. There is some fading on the ribbon, and Ive already decided that if ever necessary, Ill replace with a new rose ribbon. The green and rose just looks nice. It the back of my mind im thinking of replicating the slightly wider ribbon from the late 1800s army Campaign hat style that is folded into a point

Heres a shot with better lighting

View attachment 640637
WOW...that is stunning !!

RickP

Practically Family
WOW...that is stunning !!
It was all dust covered and silverbelly looking when I got it in. It had lots of staining so I removed the liner and sweat and did a white gas bath... Absolutely blew my mind when it got clean and the colors popped out! I was thrilled for a $50 hat. Sweat and liner cleaned up nicely. Its a decent little 3x beaver hat, not sure of age but Im guessing maybe 70's? And its a Long Oval to boot!

Compress_20240918_122016_6582.jpg

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Impeccable style. I don't know if it was intentional but the hat bash and break in the pant legs are similar in geometry and really elevate the overall appeal of the outfit.
Thank you, your observance is most eloquently described. Rest assured, I don't spend time in front of the mirror trying to get it "right." You read of my wife, Tina, in the post that you quoted. She takes most of the photos that I have posted here. Sometimes she does adjust my appearance, but I had never noticed, certainly not with your eye for detail, the presentation of my outfit. So thank you again and welcome to The Lounge, I think you are going to find the place quite addictive.

Echter Borsalino "Qualita Superiore" "Fico" "Lama" date stamped May 18, 1929. The felt has a very soft hand and is light in weight. The band is very wide with an interesting bow design. The sweatband and silk liner are of the highest quality. The Berlin store / hat company (Max Eckard) that sold it did not survive WWII. I found this Soft Felt back in 2015.

54004124792_431df42b55_h.jpg

54005364364_db7b97f0f9_h.jpg

54005461505_ffc469dc93_h.jpg

54005044876_242a43db09_h.jpg

54005278418_ac90ce42d0_h.jpg

54004140632_767084cf34_h.jpg

Close-up of the Over Welt Brim blind stitching. The angled stitching is visible with brim up which causes an unusual effect where the welt edge looks like it has a saw tooth cut.

54005527770_271fdeaaca_b.jpg

The box this hat came with is from a different Berlin hat store (Wilhelm Gaedke) that also didn't survive WWII.

19252291819_50394dd4de_b.jpg

19412379926_908ac9a17b_b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton