Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
The week in hats, because it's Sunday again.

Dalton
View attachment 624090

Penumbra (twice)
View attachment 624091 View attachment 624092

Dunlap
View attachment 624093

Courtney by Dalton
View attachment 624094

Penumbra (another two times)
View attachment 624095 View attachment 624096

Knox twentyfive
View attachment 624097

Dalton
View attachment 624098

Great hats this week as always but the real star of the post for me is the Dutch sunshine. Glorious! What a treat!

I hope it doesn’t get too hot though - I know how overwhelming that can get without a/c in your multi-storied flats.

Stay cool Stefan and I do adore that first Dalton you show - is that a plum colored ribbon?

Last edited:

Gareth

New in Town

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Stratoliner PB for shopping today.
View attachment 624129
Back home doing some outdoor cooking, I finished reading Alice in Wonderland for the first time ever. Loved it, particularly the four branches of arithmetic!
Later, cooking outdoors in my Tula, I traded the Kindle for an a book of poetry by Sam Hunt, a New Zealand poet who was (is?) a really popular performance poet long after poetry had gone out of fashion.
View attachment 624139 View attachment 624138 View attachment 624137

Great pug Gary! And thanks for the intro to Sam Hunt - my first NZ poet.

The “Brother Lynch” poem speaks to me quite a lot on this quiet Sunday morning. I reread it 3 or 4 times… such natural, under-spoken imagery with a very easy-going rhyming scheme. Pleasant to read but also very meditative… an elderly monk sitting quietly at the seaside staring out into eternity just before the mists roll in. I could be so lucky myself. Thank you.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Sunday morning and I am still mucking about in my new-to-me low-end 1970s Sears motorcycle jacket. I would not ride in this thing, though (too thin for me!) but it is light enough to sit around the house feeling rebellious in.

I love the look combined with this (I think) late 60s light-felt Mayser.

Happy Sunday friends. Today I’ll be packing up more household goods working toward that inevitable day when I will have to pack up the hats….

IMG_2566.jpeg

IMG_2567.jpeg

IMG_2569.jpeg

IMG_2570.jpeg

IMG_2568.jpeg

The last one, Brim on Fifth, is my local hatter. She does a pretty good business.

VoodooSan

Practically Family
There are, as always, so many wonderful hats, how I love this thread. Is Stefan late this morning, or am I up early?
Previously whenever I wear this blazer my choice of hat is that of the strong red in the jacket.
View attachment 624086
Tina suggested that of the three colours that make up the blazer's stripes, the gold is the least, being the thinnest. "Play on that," she said.
Tina made a tan/gold pair of baggies, she also sent off a swatch of the fabric to my hat maker. A swatch is a sample of fabric about the size of a jacket's top pocket.
The hat maker rose to the challenge, now the blazer's gold colour has good company.
View attachment 624087
Colin Johnson's shoes also compliment the ensemble and the baggies keep them well polished.

View attachment 624089
That's my choice for church this morning.
Superb, in every way.

VoodooSan

Practically Family
The week in hats, because it's Sunday again.

Dalton
View attachment 624090

Penumbra (twice)
View attachment 624091 View attachment 624092

Dunlap
View attachment 624093

Courtney by Dalton
View attachment 624094

Penumbra (another two times)
View attachment 624095 View attachment 624096

Knox twentyfive
View attachment 624097

Dalton
View attachment 624098
ALWAYS such a sumptuous display to choose from! For me this week, it's the Dalton fedora for the win, the Knox to place, and the Penumbra to show.

VoodooSan

Practically Family
Sunday morning and I am still mucking about in my new-to-me low-end 1970s Sears motorcycle jacket. I would not ride in this thing, though (too thin for me!) but it is light enough to sit around the house feeling rebellious in.

I love the look combined with this (I think) late 60s light-felt Mayser.

Happy Sunday friends. Today I’ll be packing up more household goods working toward that inevitable day when I will have to pack up the hats….

View attachment 624215
View attachment 624216
View attachment 624217
View attachment 624219
View attachment 624220
Excellent look, all the way around, Nathan!

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Superb, in every way.
Thank you for such a kind compliment, much appreciated. The lady is grateful too, given that she made my shirt and trousers and was instrumental in getting the hat made. Her remarks though, made me smile. Compliments don't sit comfortably with Tina, her remark was her customary: "Aw shucks!!"

Great hats this week as always but the real star of the post for me is the Dutch sunshine. Glorious! What a treat!

I hope it doesn’t get too hot though - I know how overwhelming that can get without a/c in your multi-storied flats.

Stay cool Stefan and I do adore that first Dalton you show - is that a plum colored ribbon?
Fantastic collection!!
ALWAYS such a sumptuous display to choose from! For me this week, it's the Dalton fedora for the win, the Knox to place, and the Penumbra to show.
Thank you, gentlemen. Much appreciated. No need to worry about the heat, Nathan. It has already cooled down. Not a plum coloured ribbon, but black. A trick of the light I think.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Thank you, gentlemen. Much appreciated. No need to worry about the heat, Nathan. It has already cooled down. Not a plum coloured ribbon, but black. A trick of the light I think.

I’ve got a telephone date this week with my best friend in Utrecht - she’ll fill me in on all the weather gossip. Glad to hear the heat isn’t building up on you, though.

Not plum colored - that’s a little disappointing but still looks like a very fun hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg