Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Yup. Definitely more than just a little spot cleaning! I still like that hat, though!
Thanks, I love this hat. It's one size too large for me now (since I cut my hair) so when I do finally clean it I will also size it down. The sweatband is still good on it, too.

Well that's disappointing. The Bikeriders looked like it was going to be a real good movie. Anyway, your hats aren't disappointing.

Still worth watching and forming your own opinion. Here is my spoiler-free writeup on IMDB:
https://www.imdb.com/review/rw9875324/?ref_=tt_urv

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
A week or so ago I got a tip from @ the Lost Cowboy about a good deal on a Ultra Quality Marathon Hat that was on the bay. After seeing this beauty I quickly hit the buy button because it was definitely priced to sell ! I especially like the tone on tone brim binding and the 2 color ribbon with windcord still attached. It arrived yesterday and could stand a little cleaning and a small repair on the sweatband but nothing too serious. Without further ado...here y'all go ...

* thanks to Nathan and to Randall Renshaw for the original tip to the Lost Cowboy !
View attachment 623906 View attachment 623907 View attachment 623908 View attachment 623909
Sweet!!! So glad to see that guy here, great score!!

DonR

A-List Customer
At an auction.

1000003608.jpg
1000003612.jpg
1000003614.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

DonR

A-List Customer
You fit in well with all those Amish straw hats, Don.

I'd be tempted to say to them, if you show me yours, I'll show you mine.

Love those buggies, too. I often have an Amish theme in my English lessons at my school. The kids are usually very interested in their life style. They're more to Rumspringa than the lack of electrical appliances though :)
Cool. The Amish around here have really taken to solar power and electric bikes. It's not so much as being against electricity or technology, but being off grid and self efficiency.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Cool. The Amish around here have really taken to solar power and electric bikes. It's not so much as being against electricity or technology, but being off grid and self efficiency.
When I roll through those areas, I always love how they make eye contact with me driving their buggies. They really want to make sure I know they are there.

And once this woman looked up at me and she was so devastating and beautiful. I almost parked the rig right there and went to convert. Where do I sign up? Man, she was stunning, this haunting beauty. Amazing.

DonR

A-List Customer
Actually, being self sufficient and off the grid sounds pretty appealing,. Where do they get their daily dose of hats, though?

There are tons of little towns each with their own little stores and some sell the hats. There are many different sects and usually the bishop determines what hats they will wear. Each sect usually has their own style of hats and women's bonnets. Normally each person in the sect will wear the same hat.

A week or so ago I got a tip from @ the Lost Cowboy about a good deal on a Ultra Quality Marathon Hat that was on the bay. After seeing this beauty I quickly hit the buy button because it was definitely priced to sell ! I especially like the tone on tone brim binding and the 2 color ribbon with windcord still attached. It arrived yesterday and could stand a little cleaning and a small repair on the sweatband but nothing too serious. Without further ado...here y'all go ...

* thanks to Nathan and to Randall Renshaw for the original tip to the Lost Cowboy !
View attachment 623906 View attachment 623907 View attachment 623908 View attachment 623909
That’s a real cool Marathon, Tim. Love the ribbon treatment.

The Shoe

One Too Many
There are tons of little towns each with their own little stores and some sell the hats. There are many different sects and usually the bishop determines what hats they will wear. Each sect usually has their own style of hats and women's bonnets. Normally each person in the sect will wear the same hat.
I was referring to being off the grid and not being able to check out the Lounge. I wouldn’t mind checking out some of those stores, though. But I’m not sure I could convince Etsuko to wear a bonnet!

The Shoe

One Too Many
Out for dinner in a Bailey Toyo last night, but the only picture I ended up getting was for the Hats and Drinks thread. Anyway, it’s sporting a new pug that arrived from the States with a bunch of others a couple of days ago. Big thanks to Jonathan @TheOldFashioned for acting as a proxy and saving Etsuko and I a significant amount on the purchase of 8 puggarees and some hooks to go with them.
IMG_1278.jpeg

The IPL was very nice.

Today is National Camera Day. Decided to pull out my old Mamiya Twin Lens cameras from the attic to fool around with and show my son. This old Stetson Whippet felt like the perfect match for them. Surprisingly they seem to for the most part be in good working condition. The stash of twenty years expired 120 film probably not so much.

IMG_20240629_180001236_PORTRAIT Copy.jpeg
IMG_20240629_180327351_PORTRAIT Copy.jpeg
IMG_20240629_173305118_HDR_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240629_174318170_HDR_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240629_174445951_HDR_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240629_175109095_HDR_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240629_174116550_HDR_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240629_173920631_HDR Copy.jpeg

VoodooSan

Practically Family
Today is National Camera Day. Decided to pull out my old Mamiya Twin Lens cameras from the attic to fool around with and show my son. This old Stetson Whippet felt like the perfect match for them. Surprisingly they seem to for the most part be in good working condition. The stash of twenty years expired 120 film probably not so much.

View attachment 624023 View attachment 624024 View attachment 624025 View attachment 624026 View attachment 624027 View attachment 624028 View attachment 624029 View attachment 624030
Beautiful hat, STUNNING cameras, Joe!

RickP

A-List Customer

View attachment 624023 View attachment 624024 View attachment 624025 View attachment 624026 View attachment 624027 View attachment 624028 View attachment 624029 View attachment 624030
My Dads old Rollei T twin lens still get out once in a while.. I remember the famous crime scene photographer from the 30's ans 40's Weegie (Authur Felig) commented about "people want to see the dead guys hat in the photo". He often picked up a dead gangsters hat and staged the photo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg