Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Well, this hat needed major work and major cleaning. The process I used with mine is probably not something you need to do to yours if you're spot cleaning. My hat, I had to tear it down and prep it for reblocking. I soaked mine in hot water and put it on a block and scrubbed it down with a generous amount of dishwashing liquid, (dishwashing liquid is a degreaser). After that I took it back off the block, rinsed everything out real good, and then prepped it again for reblocking. If you're spot cleaning your hat you probably don't want to wet it in spots and chance leaving water marks on it after it dries. Depending on how bad or light the dirt is on your hat you might get by with using only a hat sponge to clean the felt. I'd try that first and see how that does.
Mine needs more than a spot clean - unless we call it a really big spot!

I’m not ready to tear it down yet but one day I might try that. Thanks for the response Terry!
IMG_2558.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Hey. I just saw Tom Hardy down the street. Somebody took his jacket and he's looking for it. He's none too happy. Anybody seen it? Here's a picture of the missing jacket...
Tom-Hardy.jpg

It was a two hat day. I made it out early enough this morning to beat the heat so I went with a Stetson Fifteen for grocery shopping.

IMG_2552.jpeg
IMG_2553.jpeg

Then we were expecting thundershowers this afternoon (never came), so I went with the Northwest Hats pure beaver for a trip to the cinema. “The Bikeriders” was - to unfortunately quote the Immortan Joe - “mediocre”.

IMG_2554.jpeg

IMG_2555.jpeg

VoodooSan

Practically Family
It was a two hat day. I made it out early enough this morning to beat the heat so I went with a Stetson Fifteen for grocery shopping.

View attachment 623825 View attachment 623826

Then we were expecting thundershowers this afternoon (never came), so I went with the Northwest Hats pure beaver for a trip to the cinema. “The Bikeriders” was - to unfortunately quote the Immortan Joe - “mediocre”.

View attachment 623827
View attachment 623828
Two DEFINITE winners, Nathan! Sorry the movie wasn't of equal quality.

View attachment 623827
View attachment 623828
Nice color combo on the NWH

wsmontana

A-List Customer

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 623827
View attachment 623828
Well that's disappointing. The Bikeriders looked like it was going to be a real good movie. Anyway, your hats aren't disappointing.

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
A week or so ago I got a tip from @ the Lost Cowboy about a good deal on a Ultra Quality Marathon Hat that was on the bay. After seeing this beauty I quickly hit the buy button because it was definitely priced to sell ! I especially like the tone on tone brim binding and the 2 color ribbon with windcord still attached. It arrived yesterday and could stand a little cleaning and a small repair on the sweatband but nothing too serious. Without further ado...here y'all go ...

* thanks to Nathan and to Randall Renshaw for the original tip to the Lost Cowboy !
20240629_101345.jpg
20240629_101356.jpg
20240629_101437.jpg
20240629_101456.jpg

Last edited:

VoodooSan

Practically Family
View attachment 623868

Another Gamble & Gunn bespoke. We are off to collect our tickets for: Swing Unlimited.
They are an amateur Big Band, and very good they are too. I was originally wearing my
royal blue fedora, but as Tina observed, in her characteristic way: "Too heavy on the blue!"
Sir, if you are NOT consistently the sharpest-dressed man in the UK, I cannot imagine who would be. Another STUNNING ensemble!

VoodooSan

Practically Family
A week or so ago I got a tip from @ the Lost Cowboy about a good deal on a Ultra Quality Marathon Hat that was on the bay. After seeing this beauty I quickly hit the buy button because it was definitely priced to sell ! I especially like the tone on tone brim binding and the 2 color ribbon with windcord still attached. It arrived yesterday and could stand a little cleaning and a small repair on the sweatband but nothing too serious. Without further ado...here y'all go ...

* thanks to Nathan and to Randall Renshaw for the original tip to the Lost Cowboy !
View attachment 623906 View attachment 623907 View attachment 623908 View attachment 623909
Great googly moogly, what an AMAZING score!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg