Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Might be a challenge to take that jacket along with you to Asia...

Looks great though :)
Lol -thanks! I could definitely take it…. along with scarves and mittens and ear muffs as well as long johns and hot water bottles and why not a pair of thick woolen socks!

Joking aside, I have had to fight the urge to buy an expensive piece of leather. You know how it is when you get into a new hobby (like hats)… it’s almost an obsession. I have fought it off by buying two cheap jackets just to learn what the leather is like on them. This one is from “Sears The Leather Shop” and the other is a 1970s Montgomery Ward piece. Fun stuff but the opposite of high-end and they will definitely be staying home when I leave!

DonR

A-List Customer
Getting ready to mow the lawn around the bee hives. Wearing an Akubra Riverina.

1000003553.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 3X conversion. This one had a hard life. It was probably a working hat. Now it's retired to a new life still bearing some of its past. Trimmed the brim to 2 5/8 and added a different brim binding, three cord hat band, and Last Drop liner, all scavanged from other hats.

Conversion-3-X-1.jpg

Before:
3-X-Stetson-Conversion-5.jpg

3-X-Stetson-Conversion-6.jpg

After:
3-X-Stetson-Conversion-3.jpg

3-X-Stetson-Conversion-2.jpg

These folks are pretty good!

Here's the original. "Settin' the Woods on Fire", Hank Sr.

RickP

A-List Customer
Stetson 3X conversion. This one had a hard life. It was probably a working hat. Now it's retired to a new life still bearing some of its past. Trimmed the brim to 2 5/8 and added a different brim binding, three cord hat band, and Last Drop liner, all scavanged from other hats.

Conversion-3-X-1.jpg

Before:

After:

My kind of hat! Nice work

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
We must be in the eye of the heat storm here - temperature is suddenly down to 75F today.

I am working at home wearing this new-to-me piece of vintage leather (very low-end: I’m just beginning to explore the world of leather). I am enjoying this look with both the Mallory Ten and the Knox Superfine homburg.

Stay cool friends!

View attachment 623558
View attachment 623559 View attachment 623560
Hey. I just saw Tom Hardy down the street. Somebody took his jacket and he's looking for it. He's none too happy. Anybody seen it? Here's a picture of the missing jacket...
Tom-Hardy.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I'd like to see that one too. Hardy does a good job in just about every role he plays.
Agreed.

Conversion-3-X-1.jpg

Before:

After:

Awesome conversion Terry, as always. How did you get it cleaned, naphtha?

VoodooSan

Practically Family

VoodooSan

Practically Family

Conversion-3-X-1.jpg

Before:

After:

Another amazing save/restoration, Terry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88