Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
18 years old. Still holding up great. Akubra “Down Under”
IMG_4372.jpeg

IMG_4373.jpeg

Got it custom made in black. Same make and model they used for Paul Hogan in “Crocodile Dundee”
Johnny

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Stetson made in Europe under license
Excellent Stetson B.jpg
The hat came from an exchange with Stefan (Steur) and becomes one of the representatives of US shaped hats in my collection.
Excellent Stetson 4.jpg
Excellent Stetson made in Lizeng - Germany. There are no other indications of color or size, however it is fine for my head 59-60 centimetres.
Excellent Stetson 3.jpg
Made with great care and finished well, the hat has a beautiful, malleable and consistent felt.
Today I wore it less than I would have liked because the rain showers were notable and frequent.
Excellent Stetson A.jpg

Have a nice day everyone and congratulations on your beautiful hats.

Stetson made in Europe under license
View attachment 610939
The hat came from an exchange with Stefan (Steur) and becomes one of the representatives of US shaped hats in my collection.
View attachment 610940
Excellent Stetson made in Lizeng - Germany. There are no other indications of color or size, however it is fine for my head 59-60 centimetres.
View attachment 610941
Made with great care and finished well, the hat has a beautiful, malleable and consistent felt.
Today I wore it less than I would have liked because the rain showers were notable and frequent.
View attachment 610942
Have a nice day everyone and congratulations on your beautiful hats.
Nice seeing you in a bit of a western/crossover type of shape. Adding additional variety to your extensive collection.

VoodooSan

Practically Family
Long story short, I found a gentleman on FB Marketplace who indicated he had numerous hats he’d found in storage while cleaning out his late father’s home. He had seven, and I bought three, of which this is the absolute triumph of my lot. It's a Borsalino Featherweight; the color is Opale, and the model is Celesca. It is immaculate, and as light as a feather. Edited to correct the vintage: now updated as being from between 1954 and 1960. I’ve always wanted a vintage Borsalino, and 64 to 70 years old is "vintage" enough to make me delighted!

Naturally, I'll be wearing this today, even if I never leave the house! :D

Borsalino 1.jpg
Borsalino 2.jpg
Borsalino 3.jpg
Borsalino 4.jpg
Borsalino 5.jpg
Borsalino 6.jpg
Borsalino 7.jpg

Last edited:

DonR

One of the Regulars
Long story short, I found a gentleman on FB Marketplace who indicated he had numerous hats he’d found in storage while cleaning out his late father’s home. He had seven, and I bought three, of which this is the absolute triumph of my lot. It's a Borsalino Featherweight; the color is Opale, and the model is Celesca. It is immaculate, and as light as a feather. Going off the design, and the edge perforations, of the under-the-lining shop tag, I believe this hat was manufactured between 1936 and 1953. I'm hoping for confirmation of that from you good folks, as well as seeking any additional information anyone more knowledgeable might glean from my pictures. I’ve always wanted a vintage Borsalino, and I appear to have scored a rather magnificent one.

View attachment 610958 View attachment 610959 View attachment 610960 View attachment 610961 View attachment 610962 View attachment 610963 View attachment 610964

Very nice find. I believe with that internal tab having perforated edges leads this to be early 60's I think. You may want to post in Borsalino Brotherhood for more info.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Nice seeing you in a bit of a western/crossover type of shape. Adding additional variety to your extensive collection.
It is true Joe, one of the rare crossovers I have in my collection of clear US origin.
I should have opened a branch in the States with an agent expert in American hatmaking to complete my collection :)
I'll think about it again, thanks in the meantime.

VoodooSan

Practically Family
Very nice find. I believe with that internal tab having perforated edges leads this to be early 60's I think. You may want to post in Borsalino Brotherhood for more info.
Thanks, Don, I'll ask there. That was the thread that led me to believe it was much older. Checking.....

Mighty44

One Too Many
Long story short, I found a gentleman on FB Marketplace who indicated he had numerous hats he’d found in storage while cleaning out his late father’s home. He had seven, and I bought three, of which this is the absolute triumph of my lot. It's a Borsalino Featherweight; the color is Opale, and the model is Celesca. It is immaculate, and as light as a feather. Going off the design, and the edge perforations, of the under-the-lining shop tag, I believe this hat was manufactured between 1936 and 1953. I'm hoping for confirmation of that from you good folks, as well as seeking any additional information anyone more knowledgeable might glean from my pictures. I’ve always wanted a vintage Borsalino, and I appear to have scored a rather magnificent one.

View attachment 610958 View attachment 610959 View attachment 610960 View attachment 610961 View attachment 610962 View attachment 610963 View attachment 610964
That’s a beautiful hat—congrats!

Long story short, I found a gentleman on FB Marketplace who indicated he had numerous hats he’d found in storage while cleaning out his late father’s home. He had seven, and I bought three, of which this is the absolute triumph of my lot. It's a Borsalino Featherweight; the color is Opale, and the model is Celesca. It is immaculate, and as light as a feather. Edited to correct the vintage: far more knowledgeable people are indicating 60s to 70s. I’ve always wanted a vintage Borsalino, and 50 to 60 years old is "vintage" enough to make me delighted!

Fantastic find, Marc. My notes on that tag style point to 54-60. @steur or @Daniele Tanto may be able to correct me.

Long story short, I found a gentleman on FB Marketplace who indicated he had numerous hats he’d found in storage while cleaning out his late father’s home. He had seven, and I bought three, of which this is the absolute triumph of my lot. It's a Borsalino Featherweight; the color is Opale, and the model is Celesca. It is immaculate, and as light as a feather. Edited to correct the vintage: far more knowledgeable people are indicating 60s to 70s. I’ve always wanted a vintage Borsalino, and 50 to 60 years old is "vintage" enough to make me delighted!

Excellent find, Mark and in great condition too. Mid fifties to 1960.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters