Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Been very busy today, so forgot what day it was even though Facebook reminded me what I was wearing a year ago.

FB_IMG_1684178031583.jpg

Happy Straw Hat season folks :cool:

Heinrich Balke Bremen "Prima Weser Hut" possibly 1920s. Believe it or not this Wool Stiff Felt has a mirror inset into the liner logo! The liner logo has the initials H.B. and the paper label has the initials H.B.B. which is Heinrich Balke Bremen who was a hat whole seller and manufacturer. Weser is a river that flows into Bremen and "Weser Hut" is trademarked. I would say this one was definitely unique even its day . :) I found this Stiff Felt back in 2016.

52899999047_49992f8aac_h.jpg

52900968265_5c7aceb1b2_h.jpg

52900972075_7302660ac8_h.jpg

52901032063_0be2742dc6_h.jpg

52900594621_f1adfd50ab_h.jpg

52900603146_7cd46fb29b_h.jpg

Heinrich Balke, Bremen, Deutsche Hutmacher-Zeitung (German Hat Maker News), January 11, 1930.

29821973020_22ff3fb665_b.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A tan hued Royal DeLuxe Stetson OR was my hat for a morning walkabout.

i-xfMG3Js-M.jpg

i-HjbsJ8s-M.jpg

I worked the woods edge picking up detrius getting prepared to cut the grass. I changed to a Royal DeLuxe Stetson OR (gray hued felt).

i-mDbL822-M.jpg

i-k3WnLrj-M.jpg

Completed my preparations and went and sipped coffee on the deck. A tan Stetson Open Road paired well with my Costa Rican medium roasted coffee.

i-6Fxhgxm-M.jpg

i-zqhDmCM-M.jpg

I have to cool my jets until around 9:00am. That is the unofficial earliest time to cut the lawn. I checked and found that there is no "lawn cutting time" city law in my neighborhood. My wife instituted her law, no lawn cutting/chainsaw or loud outside noise until after 9:00am. I am obeying the law.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

hambone71

Practically Family

i-xfMG3Js-M.jpg

i-HjbsJ8s-M.jpg

I worked the woods edge picking up detrius getting prepared to cut the grass. I changed to a Royal DeLuxe Stetson OR (gray hued felt).

i-mDbL822-M.jpg

i-k3WnLrj-M.jpg

Completed my preparations and went and sipped coffee on the deck. A tan Stetson Open Road paired well with my Costa Rican medium roasted coffee.

i-6Fxhgxm-M.jpg

i-zqhDmCM-M.jpg

I have to cool my jets until around 9:00am. That is the unofficial earliest time to cut the lawn. I checked and found that there is no "lawn cutting time" city law in my neighborhood. My wife instituted her law, no lawn cutting/chainsaw or loud outside noise until after 9:00am. I am obeying the law.

Cheers, Eric -
Wonderful hats, Eric! Your brims appear to have minimal flange, which I like a lot! Do you use the iron method to achieve that look or were they like that already? I’d be very curious to know.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up

i-xfMG3Js-M.jpg

i-HjbsJ8s-M.jpg

i-mDbL822-M.jpg

i-k3WnLrj-M.jpg

i-6Fxhgxm-M.jpg

i-zqhDmCM-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
First rate, Eric, every hat in your collection! And that law must be obeyed, if you don’t want dire consequences.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful hats, Eric! Your brims appear to have minimal flange, which I like a lot! Do you use the iron method to achieve that look or were they like that already? I’d be very curious to know.

Thanks sir. On many hats I do re-flange the brim. It is an advantage to have many hats. I can choose swoopy, classic, upbrim and curled brims on my hat rack. Mostly if I am choosing an "everyday" outside hat it has less snap.

First rate, Eric, every hat in your collection! And that law must be obeyed, if you don’t want dire consequences.

Thanks sir. The benefits of obeying laws are terrific.

My favorite OR currently is not an OR at all, rather a Resistol.

@Hurricane Jack — that Worth & Walding is just fantastic.

Glorious Resistol version. I do like the pin.

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld