Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Premier sage green Stratoliner.

a57a151ed78d1cd234170a2ba4879f62.jpg

2a0963d2538ff4ed2241ed8fbb742dcf.jpg

Looking for ribbon ideas for another green hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Or in the sea!

I often wonder at how such a small country has had such a large impact in world history, the arts, and science, but most of all, how they can be so @&)#×!!! good at soccer, damn it!

And the beautiful women!!! Aghhhh!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Don't know about the arts, history or science. But about the football: it's because our whole country is basically one big football field, Max. Flat as a pancake and covered in grass. What can you do? The women have no other option but to be cheerleaders:)

If only soccer would really catch on in the US! I've lost hope of Mexico ever winning the World Cup. We won the gold medal in the Olympics once, but it's not enough.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
When I was a kid no one played soccer. It was all little league and Pop Warner. By the next generation, soccer is now the biggest kids’ sport by far where I live. In another generation we might be competitive on the world stage.

American football is another story. Many high schools have dropped it as injuries and the associated civil liabilities have climbed. Courts are starting to rule that the children are not eligible to waive their rights and that a parent/guardian waiver does not hold up when the child comes of age. Schools are seeing lawsuits for knee, ankle, back, shoulder, and brain injuries, and some huge payouts have gotten administrators’ attention. There is starting to be a conversation of what could take its place if it stops being a high school sport. Some say that will never happen, but if it gets expensive enough how could it not? I don’t have a crystal ball, but I look back 50+ years and see all the changes that we then said would never happen that we now accept and I’m not willing to make any predictions.

There are over 4 million soccer players in the US at the moment. 2,5 million male and 1,7 female. About four times as many as over here in Holland (I know we have a much smaller population, but still). I'd say it's catching on.

Had to send the wife off on her own to the Oregon Coast, no sleep last night, lots of pain. They are going to send me to the spine guy now. I was hoping for some relief by the injections, but it was not to be. Sorry I have been so AWOL!
I was going to wear my modern Stetson Stratoliner hemp Milan, in sand. Did some rework on the brim with a classic snap. Hope she has a good time visiting family in Florence. I'm going down for a nap now...
View attachment 174410 View attachment 174411 View attachment 174412
Sorry to hear about your back, Mike. Too bad the injections didn't work out. Hope the spine guy can help. Our women's soccer team thanks you for your support wearing our colour!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Don't know about the arts, history or science. But about the football: it's because our whole country is basically one big football field, Max. Flat as a pancake and covered in grass. What can you do? The women have no other option but to be cheerleaders:)
[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Though it's hotter than a blistered butt in a pepper patch and the humidity is higher than I am tall, I had to break out the 3X San Antonio one more time before being put away for several months.
View attachment 174467 View attachment 174468 View attachment 174469 View attachment 174470 View attachment 174471
While it doesn't get as hot or humid over here, Greg, I can relate to the feeling of not wearing felts. Well, you do still have visiting rights during summer.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Premier sage green Stratoliner.

a57a151ed78d1cd234170a2ba4879f62.jpg

2a0963d2538ff4ed2241ed8fbb742dcf.jpg

Looking for ribbon ideas for another green hat.

Great sage green colour on that Stratoliner, Brent. The contrasting aubergine coloured brim binding bring it out nicely. The thin ribbon looks like the same colour as the binding, but that line just above it suggests there once was a wider ribbon on it. Is that the case?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

A liner weighs around 10 grams. My lightest (118 grams) with a liner is this Negretti "Adonis" Wool Stiff Felt. It's 58 cm so I would assume a smaller size would be slightly less weight.

https://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/topic/58-negretti/?do=findComment&comment=321

I believe the lightest Stiff Felt + Liner here on FL was around 110 grams but I might be wrong.

I checked and I think Manfred's Rehfus & Cie "Zephyr" might be the lightest but it's a smaller size than my my Negretti "Adonis" Wool. The 70 grams is the felt only.

https://germanaustrianhats.invision...ie-hutfabrikanten/?do=findComment&comment=605
My Rehfus Zephyr weighs 102 grams, but it's a size 56.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads