Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

[/URL]

Got another late 40s 7XCB about a month ago, and this week finished a full resto including a reblock in record time. You can see by the listing pics that even the stubborn verdigris stain came out. Mostly. Usually it doesn’t at all. Had some serious sweat stains in the front too. Wasn’t able to reuse the original 3/8 ribbon as the sweat stains didn’t budge an inch. For this hat I like this 1” even better though.

View attachment 631823 View attachment 631821 View attachment 631822 View attachment 631820
Exceptional hat, Randall!

View attachment 632357
After church this morning we are going to be in the classic car tour of The New Forest, stopping off at some fine watering holes. We have actually booked a table for lunch at the last one.
Complimenting this blazer proved a challenge. Tina found the perfect fabric to make my trousers, she then sent a swatch off to the milliners that make my hats. Here you see the end result.

Where she bought her hat I have no idea, but the ladies at church will love it. They will love the dress and bolero that she has made for herself too. And I am sure that one or two ladies on this afternoon's classic car tour will be photographing her.
Knocking it out of the park again, Robert. You and Tina will be the stars of the event. Enjoy your day.

The Sunday hats.

Courtney by Dalton
IMG_0128.JPG

Borsalino Rutenio
IMG_0129.JPG

Penumbra panama
IMG_0130.JPG

Dalton
IMG_0131.JPG

Barbisio Ticino
IMG_0133.JPG

Valensy
IMG_0134.JPG

Penumbra panama again
IMG_0135.JPG

A bit later today. Had a sitting yesterday with four friend to make a dent in this row of bottles. We did admirably but didn't finish all of them.
IMG_0136.JPG

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
View attachment 632357
After church this morning we are going to be in the classic car tour of The New Forest, stopping off at some fine watering holes. We have actually booked a table for lunch at the last one.
Complimenting this blazer proved a challenge. Tina found the perfect fabric to make my trousers, she then sent a swatch off to the milliners that make my hats. Here you see the end result.

Where she bought her hat I have no idea, but the ladies at church will love it. They will love the dress and bolero that she has made for herself too. And I am sure that one or two ladies on this afternoon's classic car tour will be photographing her.
Another fine ensemble you show this morning for you and your lovely lady. The MG is a star all it's own too !

RickP

Practically Family
This little Towncraft looked brown in the ebay pic, but was a definate nice grey when it came out of the box. Had to do a double-take to make sure I got the right hat. In the process of steaming and brushing, Ive decided this little lid must be made out of Chameleon fur lol... In bright light its grey, but in subdued light its decidedly brown ... Nice little inexpensive hat! Bound brim, nice medium weight smooth felt.

Compress_20240811_070525_5202.jpg
Compress_20240811_070900_0265.jpg
Compress_20240811_072238_8867.jpg

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
This little Towncraft looked brown in the ebay pic, but was a definate nice grey when it came out of the box. Had to do a double-take to make sure I got the right hat. In the process of steaming and brushing, Ive decided this little lid must be made out of Chameleon fur lol... In bright light its grey, but in subdued light its decidedly brown ... Nice little inexpensive hat! Bound brim, nice medium weight smooth felt.

View attachment 632381 View attachment 632383 View attachment 632380
Amazing how a hat can change appearance from room to room, depending on how the light hits it. Nice hat BTW.

VoodooSan

One Too Many
View attachment 632357

The two of you (AND the MG) look absolutely amazing!!!

VoodooSan

One Too Many

View attachment 632381 View attachment 632383 View attachment 632380
Two hats for the price of one!

VoodooSan

One Too Many
The Sunday hats.

Courtney by Dalton
View attachment 632363

Borsalino Rutenio
View attachment 632364

Penumbra panama
View attachment 632365

Dalton
View attachment 632366

Barbisio Ticino
View attachment 632367

Valensy
View attachment 632368

Penumbra panama again
View attachment 632369

A bit later today. Had a sitting yesterday with four friend to make a dent in this row of bottles. We did admirably but didn't finish all of them.
View attachment 632370
Another awesome Sunday lineup, Stefan! That Valensy is likely to ALWAYS take first place for me, whenever it appears. Next is the Dalton, just BARELY edging out the third-place Barbisio. Thanks for the Sunday morning visual treat, as always!

Another awesome Sunday lineup, Stefan! That Valensy is likely to ALWAYS take first place for me, whenever it appears. Next is the Dalton, just BARELY edging out the third-place Barbisio. Thanks for the Sunday morning visual treat, as always!
Thank you, Mark. Much appreciated.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Late to the game today. That is because I visited the annual Deventer bookmarket today and had to leave early. I believe it is the biggest one of its kind in Europe and I try to go each year. Here's an impression:

View attachment 631161

The hats then.
Dunlap
View attachment 631153

Cavanagh homburg
View attachment 631154

Dalton
View attachment 631155

Penumbra
View attachment 631156

Dunlap (again)
View attachment 631157

Penumbra (again) View attachment 631158

Knox Twentyfive
View attachment 631159

Borsalino rutenio
View attachment 631160

And a food pic of my own this time. I had lunch in Deventer. Slow roasted belly pork and roasted carrot, with a cream of sweet potato and a leek mayonnaise topped off with some crispy noodles.
View attachment 631162
Another great hat week, Stefan.

The Deventer Book Market is now officially on my bucket list :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007