Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

VoodooSan

One Too Many
[/URL]

Got another late 40s 7XCB about a month ago, and this week finished a full resto including a reblock in record time. You can see by the listing pics that even the stubborn verdigris stain came out. Mostly. Usually it doesn’t at all. Had some serious sweat stains in the front too. Wasn’t able to reuse the original 3/8 ribbon as the sweat stains didn’t budge an inch. For this hat I like this 1” even better though.

View attachment 631823 View attachment 631821 View attachment 631822 View attachment 631820
Way to go, Randall! Another MAGNIFICENT restoration!

VoodooSan

One Too Many
I’ve been experiencing some truly phenomenal luck lately, mostly in the matter of timing. Sometimes you happen to go surfing (or are given a heads-up to do so) JUST as something has been posted, and pouncing on it is as easy as falling off a log. Case in point is my latest fedora, this Portis. It checks all the boxes: 2 & 5/8” bound-edge brim, handsome 4" crown, grosgrain ribbon, and a wind trolley. My estimation of its vintage is late 1950s. The band is admittedly a little rough, but I think I can nurse it along for whatever number of years I'm going to manage to stick around. :D
Portis 1.jpg
Portis 2.jpg
Portis 3.jpg
Portis 4.jpg
Portis 5.jpg
Portis 6.jpg

Last edited:

Randall Renshaw

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve been experiencing some truly phenomenal luck lately, mostly in the matter of timing. Sometimes you happen to go surfing (or are given a heads-up to do so) JUST as something has been posted, and pouncing on it is as easy as falling off a log. Case in point is my latest fedora, this Portis. It checks all the boxes: 2 & 5/8” bound-edge brim, handsome 4" crown. grosgrain ribbon and a wind trolley. My estimation of its vintage is late 1950s. The band is admittedly a little rough, but I think I can nurse it along for whatever number of years I managed to stick around. :D
View attachment 631942 View attachment 631943 View attachment 631944 View attachment 631945 View attachment 631946 View attachment 631947
Super sweet lookin Portis, Mark!

wsmontana

A-List Customer
I’ve been experiencing some truly phenomenal luck lately, mostly in the matter of timing. Sometimes you happen to go surfing (or are given a heads-up to do so) JUST as something has been posted, and pouncing on it is as easy as falling off a log. Case in point is my latest fedora, this Portis. It checks all the boxes: 2 & 5/8” bound-edge brim, handsome 4" crown. grosgrain ribbon and a wind trolley. My estimation of its vintage is late 1950s. The band is admittedly a little rough, but I think I can nurse it along for whatever number of years I managed to stick around. :D
View attachment 631942 View attachment 631943 View attachment 631944 View attachment 631945 View attachment 631946 View attachment 631947
Great look! You are on a roll, Mark!

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
That's a sweeeeeet hat Mark ! I'm still looking for a Portis myself...

RickP

Practically Family
Many thumbs up to everyone who shares Their handsome faces and nice hats daily! Its usually the first thing I check every morning (way better than news). Particular kudos to the old hats.. sooo nice to see them used and not just sitting in a box! Keep 'em coming!

Mighty44

One Too Many
That suits you perfectly. Mark—nice one!

I’m finally seeing some photos on TFL and these are definitely great ones to start with. Yes, Van Morrison vibes for sure or maybe some Blues Brothers. “We like both kinds of music here: Country and Western!”

Happy birthday from Malaysia, Joe!

(Hopefully the photos will keep showing up for me….)
(Edit: no such luck. I’m back to blank screens where the photos should be. Apparently I’m only allowed to see Joe’s birthday photos….)
Thanks Nathan. Hopefully the pics make their way back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton