Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
Tried something new today, I changed the bash on my Pure Beaver OR (first time trying a new bash)

IMG_0607.jpeg
IMG_0608.jpeg
IMG_0609.jpeg

RickP

A-List Customer
Going to be a hot muggy week or so coming up. Time to start rotating the lighter hats into the mix. A little Stevens got the nod this morning View attachment 623067
Im really thinking I may look for a nice Milan or Hemp in a sand or light tan color. I LOVE the look of that weave. I usually roll with a 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 brim, but Ive got a couple of 2-1/4" brims that Im real fond of

RickP

A-List Customer

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
Looks good but one word of warning is if you ever want to change it back to a center crease the cease ghost can be hell to get rid of. But I am liking the c-crease more and more these days myself! That modern JBS pure beaver felt looks real nice in navy…

Thanks Nathan, I have a 6X OR in fawn that can be my go to for a cattleman's crease :)

RickP

A-List Customer
Another cap day - but I should have worn a straw.

My niece took me for my first golf experience this morning. We hit the driving range and I wasn’t sure about a full brim so I went with the JBS silk cap instead.

We had a blast and I got some good swings in. This game is real fun - but definitely better under a full brim….
View attachment 623016
View attachment 623017
I played for years in a 2" straw brim... never had any trouble with the brim getting in the way.... Go for it next time!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I played for years in a 2" straw brim... never had any trouble with the brim getting in the way.... Go for it next time!
You have good company under straw

View attachment 623332
Thanks guys. I knew I had seen professionals in full brims, but wasn’t sure if you needed to be good for that sort of thing. I didn’t want to have to take it off and then be totally hatless. I will definitely be wearing a full brim next time!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
My uncle and aunt left today. We had a very fun and meaningful week together. They (we) had a family tragedy 20 years ago this July - it has been a long road of recovery and healing for all of us.

I have become reticent to post photos of family members just for privacy sake, but I’d like to share this one because I feel the joy and love is quite evident on all our faces - we had such a lovely visit.

IMG_0905.jpeg

I wore the JBS 25 over to my folks’ place yesterday then ended up staying overnight. This morning I’ve been messing around with the hats on permanent display in the guest bedroom. Here is my favorite WW2 era crusher cap and also a modern JBS Tom Mix. I have a modern Borsa hanging up as well but I can’t get good enough light to make a photo of it worthwhile on my head.

Happy hump day friends.

IMG_2532.jpeg

IMG_2535.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg
IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2545.jpeg
IMG_2546.jpeg
IMG_2547.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member