Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

$JayJones50

New in Town
Yesterday a friend of mine text me about a hat on fb marketplace the pic didn’t do it justice and didn’t mention that it was a
IMG_2831.jpeg
Stetson Open Road 25 I picked it up this morning a real estate agent found a whole collection in an abandoned home and this one was still in its box .
IMG_2829.jpeg
IMG_2827.jpeg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
A wonderful family day today. I started off in the JBS 7x (proper clear beaver today) and a linen jacket but neither of them lasted long in this heat. Was still nice to look up occasionally and see them on my mother’s hat rack as we played games.

We had my mom’s brother and his wife in for a visit and my niece spent the day with us as well - so amazing to have this quality time with loved ones.

Stay blessed friends.
IMG_2478.jpeg

IMG_2479.jpeg

IMG_2482.jpeg

IMG_2483.jpeg
IMG_2480.jpeg
IMG_2481.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
A wonderful family day today. I started off in the JBS 7x (proper clear beaver today) and a linen jacket but neither of them lasted long in this heat. Was still nice to look up occasionally and see them on my mother’s hat rack as we played games.

We had my mom’s brother and his wife in for a visit and my niece spent the day with us as well - so amazing to have this quality time with loved ones.

Stay blessed friends.
View attachment 622456
View attachment 622457
View attachment 622458
View attachment 622459 View attachment 622460 View attachment 622461
Good to hear you had a great day, Nathan. Happy birthday!

Stay blessed friends.
View attachment 622456
View attachment 622457
View attachment 622458
Happy birthday, Nathan! Looking suave.

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
This morning I was trying to decide which hat to wear and I kept coming back to this old favorite of mine. The Diplomat , handmade by Freddie Ayesh of Wichita, Kansas. No doubt this old hat has seen better days and has a few moth nibbles here and there but I still love it. It fits well and the felt molds like clay. I imagine it was trying to compete with the Stratoliner back in the day.

20240622_080914.jpg
20240622_080921.jpg
20240622_080929.jpg
20240622_080957.jpg
20240622_081004.jpg
20240622_081021.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Good to hear you had a great day, Nathan. Happy birthday!
Happy birthday, Nathan! Looking suave.

Thank you gentlemen!

When I was a child I was big into GIJoe comics and action figures (still have the comics, btw). A few years ago I discovered a new, larger version of the action figures and now have a small collection of them (“GIJoe: Classified”). It’s a bit of nostalgia but these things are also very cool with great details and pose-ability. My mom enjoyed gifting me one for my birthday this year!
IMG_2485.jpeg

And now back to hats. On my head this morning is this wonderful old Dunlap.
IMG_2486.jpeg
IMG_2487.jpeg

wsmontana

A-List Customer

Stay blessed friends.
View attachment 622456
View attachment 622457
View attachment 622458
Great hat and jacket, Nathan! Sounds like a wonderful day with family — Happy birthday!

DonR

A-List Customer
Wow!!! That is in AMAZING condition for a hat that has got to be, what, at least 71 years old? Awesome, Don!!
Right? I know I find it amazing myself that many of these wonderful hats have survived. This one appears to have been stowed away. Most of my straws seem so fragile. I hope I can maintain the way it is while still wearing it.

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
Right? I know I find it amazing myself that many of these wonderful hats have survived. This one appears to have been stowed away. Most of my straws seem so fragile. I hope I can maintain the way it is while still wearing it.
I know the feeling. I posted pics of my Premier Genuine Panama yesterday. I had just received it that day in the mail. Shortly after taking the pics I was wearing the hat and noticed that the sweatband was now coming loose when it was fine an hour earlier. Luckily I was able to sew the sweatband back in without leaving anyone the wiser unless they look real close.
* pssst...don't tell anybody & it will be our little secret.

20240622_130355.jpg
20240622_130403.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88