Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

RickP

A-List Customer
Going to be a hot, humid sunny day here... time for some straw
Compress_20240607_083124_4671.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning hat folks. My morning walkabout was under the brim of a Stetson Buckaneer. The stitched brim treatment is well done. The light gray-blue felt has a stitched brim edge. The mid sized ribbon really gives dimension to the crown and brim size.

i-V8bZGwC-M.jpg

i-HjWTC7R-M.jpg

i-6Xr9R2k-M.jpg

i-nsMFX8x-M.jpg

i-NfsWXPs-M.jpg

Back home I switched to a Lee All American. This gray-blue felt is very malleable. The crown crease was formed by the manufacturer. Side dents I can change the crown crease I can not. This minty hat is part of the Hirsch Hat shop find.

i-vCD39t5-M.jpg

i-58V6n7k-M.jpg

i-Lmx5LsS-M.jpg

i-Gb7x3D5-M.jpg

i-Qjc6F3b-M.jpg

I had a couple of light yard chores and I selected a Stetson Flagship to wear. The Petersham ribbon treatment I do like. It gives the hat a casual appearance. The other day I wore a Flagship with a "normal" ribbon and the hat has a dressier look. The edge stitching is distinct. The fawn hued felt I find easy to wear. This minty hat is another of the Hirsch Hat finds.

i-WL5wh93-M.jpg

i-jJgLqpP-M.jpg

i-W2wPdXM-M.jpg

i-xDV3qJZ-M.jpg

i-sVNJTfj-M.jpg

Thanks for letting me share. Cheers, Eric -

VoodooSan

Practically Family
This morning I chose my Stetson 3X Open Road in Gray. I'll admit that I might have a small problem with these Open Roads... can't seem to stop looking at them for sale ads.lol.
* who knows, by the end of the day I will probably have had each and every one of them on for awhile. View attachment 619499 View attachment 619500 View attachment 619501 View attachment 619502 View attachment 619503
That is a mouth-wateringly scrumptious buffet of felted goodness, Timmy!!

VoodooSan

Practically Family
Good morning hat folks. My morning walkabout was under the brim of a Stetson Buckaneer. The stitched brim treatment is well done. The light gray-blue felt has a stitched brim edge. The mid sized ribbon really gives dimension to the crown and brim size.

i-V8bZGwC-M.jpg

i-HjWTC7R-M.jpg

i-6Xr9R2k-M.jpg

i-nsMFX8x-M.jpg

i-NfsWXPs-M.jpg

Back home I switched to a Lee All American. This gray-blue felt is very malleable. The crown crease was formed by the manufacturer. Side dents I can change the crown crease I can not. This minty hat is part of the Hirsch Hat shop find.

i-vCD39t5-M.jpg

i-58V6n7k-M.jpg

i-Lmx5LsS-M.jpg

i-Gb7x3D5-M.jpg

i-Qjc6F3b-M.jpg

I had a couple of light yard chores and I selected a Stetson Flagship to wear. The Petersham ribbon treatment I do like. It gives the hat a casual appearance. The other day I wore a Flagship with a "normal" ribbon and the hat has a dressier look. The edge stitching is distinct. The fawn hued felt I find easy to wear. This minty hat is another of the Hirsch Hat finds.

i-WL5wh93-M.jpg

i-jJgLqpP-M.jpg

i-W2wPdXM-M.jpg

i-xDV3qJZ-M.jpg

i-sVNJTfj-M.jpg

Thanks for letting me share. Cheers, Eric -
Another trifecta of stunners, Eric. LOOOOOOVE that Petersham treatment!

RickP

A-List Customer
Had to do some grass seeding and yardwork... switched out of my straw "coffee" hat and moved under an old beater LLBean straw... No since sweating up a nice toquilla hat. Gets much hotter and Ill actually have to wear the cheap stetson polyester hat more often.. At least it looks nice and crisp on the riding mower

Compress_20240430_142914_4399.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I seem to have forgotten how to post a photo. Let's see if this works. This should be a Fletcher bowler, English, probably wool. We've been having the June gloom weather pattern in my part of California. I took the picture just before cutting down the bougainvillea in the background. View attachment 619583
Nice.

Can we see photos of the inside and any labels?

TimmyV

Familiar Face
Hello to all here at the FL. I hope everyone has a great weekend ! Despite having worn all 5 of my Open Roads yesterday this morning I picked a similar hat out for today. This time I chose my Resistol 3X Kitten finish with 3 cord ribbon hatband. Probably won't have it on long though as my grandson and I are currently in the process of replacing the clutch in my 1979 MG Midget that I am giving to him when he turns 16 next January.

Hope y'all have a good 'un !

20240608_070504.jpg
20240608_070513.jpg
20240608_070600.jpg
20240608_070552.jpg
FB_IMG_1717846063614.jpg

Mighty44

One Too Many
Hello to all here at the FL. I hope everyone has a great weekend ! Despite having worn all 5 of my Open Roads yesterday this morning I picked a similar hat out for today. This time I chose my Resistol 3X Kitten finish with 3 cord ribbon hatband. Probably won't have it on long though as my grandson and I are currently in the process of replacing the clutch in my 1979 MG Midget that I am giving to him when he turns 16 next January.

Hope y'all have a good 'un !

View attachment 619760 View attachment 619761 View attachment 619762 View attachment 619763 View attachment 619764
That’s a beautiful hat (and a pretty nice car, too!). Definitely don’t want to get grease on that one…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88