Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Very nice hat !! I am expecting my "Dallas " to arrive in the mail tomorrow. I hope it's as nice as yours !
* the jacket looks good on you too
Thanks Timmy!

I hope you'll let us know if the felt is clay-like. I have two Dallas models (the other is a Mallory Twenty) and they both shape without steam. Seems like every other one I've heard reported on in the Lounge was the same.

Whatever you get, I hope it's to your liking!

VoodooSan

Practically Family
PDS, If you look at most "reply" posts, they usually contain a link/snippet to the member post being replied to. For instance, in my post that you're asking about, you SHOULD be able to see what I've copied below. That indicates I was replying to RickP's post, and you could click on "View attachment" to see whatever picture I was commenting on.

Nice! can the Akubra Bogart come over to play too?

View attachment 618819
LOVE that!

Stetson Balibuntal - a parabuntal weave featuring some unknown process of weather protection. This is a very durable and comfortable hat that is one of my most worn summer toppers. It orignally came to me with a maroon paisley pugaree that was nice looking with the bronze straw but it was rumpled and soiled. I replaced it with this cream band. 1950s I imagine...

060424_1.jpg

060424_3.jpg

060424_2.jpg

060424_5.jpg

060424_4.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Balibuntal - a parabuntal weave featuring some unknown process of weather protection. This is a very durable and comfortable hat that is one of my most worn summer toppers. It orignally came to me with a maroon paisley pugaree that was nice looking with the bronze straw but it was rumpled and soiled. I replaced it with this cream band. 1950s I imagine...

View attachment 618849

View attachment 618852

View attachment 618853

View attachment 618850

View attachment 618851
Wow! A "straw" Topper, Alan. Love it!

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
Bloody interesting Hat Mate
Hello PDS

To go along with what Voodoo said above, if you click the reply button in the bottom right corner of the post you are replying to, then you will get a "quoted post" box similar to the one above this text -- this allows us all to see to whom you are replying

If you just enter text in the bottom text box and hit reply, your post is just a general reply as part of the body of the thread

Keep on posting and exploring, TFL is an awesome place to learn

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Hmmm, I didn't consider the AI angle on my post above...
I don’t believe PDS is AI guys - just has a different style of communication is all. He’ll figure his way, I advise patience and a welcoming attitude until there’s any clear sign that something is truly amiss.

@PDS, there is a thread called “New Members to the Hat Forum”. I’m putting a link here. You might add a post there and tell us where you’re from and what kind of hats you’re interested in!

Also, if you haven’t seen them already, we have a couple of dedicated Akubra threads you might like if you’re an Akubra fan. We have a lot of members who appreciate and collect Akubra (myself included).

Welcome aboard mate, I love Down Under!

The Shoe

One Too Many
Thanks Steve. I am sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she is making progress toward full recovery.

Thankfully, I am having a LOT more good days than bad, but I still suffer from vertigo and mental confusion and I just can’t drive a semi-truck with those symptoms. I really don’t want to do anything else with the next five years of my life but drive and save money so I’m very determined to get back to full health.

Do you have the expression “squeeze the thumbs” in Denmark? It’s the German equivalent of “fingers crossed.” I hope you’ll squeeze the thumbs for me - it will be two years in August since I had COVID.
I’ll be squeezing my thumbs, too.
I look forward to seeing more of your travels in the Fedoras Afield thread in the not too distant future.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I’ll be squeezing my thumbs, too.
I look forward to seeing more of your travels in the Fedoras Afield thread in the not too distant future.

Thank you Gary, that is very kind of you.

I am a bit concerned about this next expedition but I have three weeks scheduled on a beach in Thailand so not too much moving one place to another.

Will definitely be posting some updates from time to time and I’ll even be spending my first night in Japan on the way over!

The Shoe

One Too Many
Thank you Gary, that is very kind of you.

I am a bit concerned about this next expedition but I have three weeks scheduled on a beach in Thailand so not too much moving one place to another.

Will definitely be posting some updates from time to time and I’ll even be spending my first night in Japan on the way over!
Tokyo, I presume.
If it’s in Kansai, maybe we could compare hats over a quiet one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88