Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

View attachment 557920
Decisions, decisions. As difficult as ever Stefan but I am draw to the Carl Blum. It's that velvet like sheen that is so exquisite, or is it because Tina chose my hat for church today? "Wear the black one," the lady said. Who am I to argue?
View attachment 557921 View attachment 557922
Thanks, Robert. The Carl Blum has some presence to it for sure. A bit of the same presence you brought to church today. I'm positive the church ladies loved that.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

DonR

A-List Customer
Today is a Stetson Twenty
20231105_084059.jpg
20231105_084145.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday evening I sullied about under the brim of a green Turf Club. This Stetson has been just recently been unpacked for wear and the brim is a bit wonky. I need to apply some flange time and steam. Yesterday I used a tugboat crease on the ample crown.

i-dPTbtXn-M.jpg

i-8V6mM9S-M.jpg

i-765B6Fq-M.jpg

This morning I took a walkabout under the brim of a Stetson Vogue. I was inspired by how the hat hues fit the seasonal hues.

i-JMHQcgk-M.jpg

i-fHG3j7N-M.jpg

i-8wsXJbQ-M.jpg

i-6LVFb4T-M.jpg

i-nvSBqbB-M.jpg

Back home I cleared a trail of fallen branches while sipping morning coffee. No coffee was spilled and the branches made it to the wood pile. I was under the brim of a different Stetson Vogue.

i-ZdCNMHh-M.jpg

i-W92jWJ6-M.jpg

i-Q25XQtd-M.jpg

i-w43LCqv-M.jpg

i-xrdCMTJ-M.jpg

Messy efforts had me changing to a Gannon Playboy. The modern silverbelly beaver felt handles hard efforts with nary a mark. Cleaning the hat is easy. Cleaning hummingbird and bird feeders involved a hose and a bucket of cleaning solution. Adjusting to daylight savings time I went out for another walkabout.

i-djQVkTz-M.jpg

i-kGKPjQF-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric. -

Wow…. What a series! Leaving us quite green!
Yesterday evening I sullied about under the brim of a green Turf Club. This Stetson has been just recently been unpacked for wear and the brim is a bit wonky. I need to apply some flange time and steam. Yesterday I used a tugboat crease on the ample crown.

i-dPTbtXn-M.jpg

i-8V6mM9S-M.jpg

i-765B6Fq-M.jpg

This morning I took a walkabout under the brim of a Stetson Vogue. I was inspired by how the hat hues fit the seasonal hues.

i-JMHQcgk-M.jpg

i-fHG3j7N-M.jpg

i-8wsXJbQ-M.jpg

i-6LVFb4T-M.jpg

i-nvSBqbB-M.jpg

Back home I cleared a trail of fallen branches while sipping morning coffee. No coffee was spilled and the branches made it to the wood pile. I was under the brim of a different Stetson Vogue.

i-ZdCNMHh-M.jpg

i-W92jWJ6-M.jpg

i-Q25XQtd-M.jpg

i-w43LCqv-M.jpg

i-xrdCMTJ-M.jpg

Messy efforts had me changing to a Gannon Playboy. The modern silverbelly beaver felt handles hard efforts with nary a mark. Cleaning the hat is easy. Cleaning hummingbird and bird feeders involved a hose and a bucket of cleaning solution. Adjusting to daylight savings time I went out for another walkabout.

i-djQVkTz-M.jpg

i-kGKPjQF-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric. -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 557878

Stetson Musketeer - Champagne
4 5/8 crown as shaped - about 5 1/2 open
1 5/8 Duo-Tone Grosgrain Ribbon (Champagne/Maroon)
2 3/4 Brim with 1/8 Champagne binding and triple stitching

I am very grateful to @BobHufford that he reached out and offered this Stetson Musketeer to me. I have another one of these with the light colored liner and it was cool to get one with the maroon liner tip. For some reason I did not realize this one was in a different colored felt. The other ones I have seen including mine have been a very light blue grey felt with a silver/maroon duo ribbon. Possibly I may have seen a slightly darker grey version. I think that left me to assume the yellow tones I saw in the photos was just lighting. In fact this Musketeer is an entirely different color scheme with a beautiful champagne colored felt along with a champagne and maroon duo tone ribbon. The Musketeer styling is completed with the 2 3/4 brim bound in matching grosgrain along with three rows of decorative stitching.

The Stetson Musketeer was a model named only via magazine advertisements in 1950 the name does not appear anywhere on the hats themselves. Their unique styling though makes them easy to identify.

Thanks so much to Bob for keeping me in mind for this one. I am so happy to have this great example in my collection. It is truly one of those hats I find myself taking off to admire.

View attachment 557879 View attachment 557880 View attachment 557881

Clearly you need more Musketeers! Three Musketeers became four, according to the literature. With a third Stetson it stands that they will become four. ;)

Congrats on the gorgeous addition to your hat rack. The ribbon treatment is very unique and is eye catching. You have two very special versions of this hat. Wear them proudly sir.

Cheers, Eric-

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads