Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
early 40s Medalist Eagle

the only time you will EVER see me with a feather... it’s factory and I don’t have the heart to remove it

906bd294288140c07a082a04a834cd0d.jpg

a2d20fb3bc0c1232920ed10bd397393e.jpg

82ee391db7eab3eae15bbba9fb6b73aa.jpg

58a961e78432e30144c7ae53f84d5a70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great looking display of lids on this chilly Friday. I'm wearing a Stetson 4X that I just finished working on as a grab and go work hat. It was an OR that I've had for a few years that's been experimented on, taken apart, and reworked several times. I'm not so fond of putting a wider and contrasting colored ribbon on a Silverbelly hat. I had no choice since it had a bunch of pin holes that would have shown had I used a thin ribbon. I went with a Bronze colored mid ribbon. The crown is taller and straight sided after I reblocked it. I'll post more in the Conversion Corral later.

Work_Hat_Project_4_X_OR.png

Me_Hat_Conversion_4.jpg

Me_Hat_Conversion_12.jpg

Me_Hat_Conversion_8.png

I haven't been able to figure out why, but my computer at home will not let me on the Lounge. Very disturbing, once verified that I had not been banned (miss ya Bob!), it allowed me to sleep last night. I am liking everyone's great lids today from work. I think it is my router/modem at home...damn you Comcast!
Today I have a very important event to attend for the unveiling of our exhibit about Oregon State University history for our Sesquicentennial. I did quite a bit of research and work on this project and I'm excited to see it open at the Oregon Historical Society in Portland. So, the hat and outfit of the day is Orange and Black with the Navy Gannon and it's tall 1930s crown. All I could manage were some archive shots, but the attire is the same.

16Jun17 Gannon OSU Reception.jpg
16Jun17 Gannon OSU Reception crown.jpg

Sure hope I can get this computer connectivity issue solved. I'm going through major withdrawal in the evenings.

I haven't been able to figure out why, but my computer at home will not let me on the Lounge. Very disturbing, once verified that I had not been banned (miss ya Bob!), it allowed me to sleep last night. I am liking everyone's great lids today from work. I think it is my router/modem at home...damn you Comcast!
Today I have a very important event to attend for the unveiling of our exhibit about Oregon State University history for our Sesquicentennial. I did quite a bit of research and work on this project and I'm excited to see it open at the Oregon Historical Society in Portland. So, the hat and outfit of the day is Orange and Black with the Navy Gannon and it's tall 1930s crown. All I could manage were some archive shots, but the attire is the same.

View attachment 105979 View attachment 105980
Sure hope I can get this computer connectivity issue solved. I'm going through major withdrawal in the evenings.
Archive or not: great look all the same, Mike. To reassure you: it's not on your end of the connection where the problem lies. I had the same problem all day today. The lounge just would not load.

Great looking display of lids on this chilly Friday. I'm wearing a Stetson 4X that I just finished working on as a grab and go work hat. It was an OR that I've had for a few years that's been experimented on, taken apart, and reworked several times. I'm not so fond of putting a wider and contrasting colored ribbon on a Silverbelly hat. I had no choice since it had a bunch of pin holes that would have shown had I used a thin ribbon. I went with a Bronze colored mid ribbon. The crown is taller and straight sided after I reblocked it. I'll post more in the Conversion Corral later.

Me_Hat_Conversion_4.jpg

Me_Hat_Conversion_12.jpg

Me_Hat_Conversion_8.png
I think the wider ribbon looks great, Terry. The colour is well chosen too.

View attachment 105979 View attachment 105980

And your email last night infected my phone. I've been wrasslin' with Tapatalk all day today. [emoji4]

Friday Dobbs Game Bird.

c38e77244254758dc99fdd2619ce3c82.jpg
9df7a60762cd4b49b87fdf17d9fd0771.jpg
d44023350320a42c4961dc6ad57b46b9.jpg
5c7ef1eb3e6ac54443d2f252c14780e3.jpg
2fc4d5c3e3a3a6e739c4287b18b3d92d.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Another Italian rare hat. This was made in Monza, one of the capital of Italian hats production until the 50'
14e9vgx.jpg

Superiore - Lepre finissima
295berr.jpg

Color:blue, Qualità Superiore pesco (Superior antelope quality)
fmqg6e.jpg

Made probably in the fifties by S.C.M. with lining used in Monza by others producers
2uomcf7.jpg

Felt is peachy and soft, well finished. It was a medium price hat.
Thanks for the likes on the Albertini
Have nice Friday, here it is the main Carnival day :)
Blue hats always have a little extra for me and I can almost feel that Antilope finish. Wonderful, Daniele.

RJR

Me_Hat_Conversion_4.jpg

Me_Hat_Conversion_12.jpg

Me_Hat_Conversion_8.png
I think that conversion looks great,Terry.

Sweet hat, Perry. Nice combination too.
Thanks Stefan!
Gannon
296aac926946db2fde59c217628a66bc.jpg
25de23f62915a75613e5c2338b106bd2.jpg
07caf943f54ca0c52b520727bd68af69.jpg

Y’all have a wonderful day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice colors Richard.

Me_Hat_Conversion_4.jpg

Me_Hat_Conversion_12.jpg

Me_Hat_Conversion_8.png
Looks awesome (as the kids say) Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82