Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful addition , Mike. Gorgeous looking homburg. Looks like you're adding to the collection even faster than I do!
Actually, this is one of my earlier hats. I just don't wear it enough. The seller on Ebay had it listed as a "Bowler" for $20 with a box, a nice Stephen L. Stetson box. When I got the hat I was surprised to find it was really something special. I should actually add it to the homburg nation, my old post of it is well out of date per my current research.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
My godfather passed away so a black hat.
20180131.jpg
I'm sorry for your loss, Joao.

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
If you do go that route I highly recommend going at least Premier ...

The pre creased Stratoliners are pretty awful
Anthony thanks for the advice. I have not actually put my eyes on one yet. I’m limited in my area of South Carolina for vendors that sell hats. So I will have to actually see the pre creased hat before purchasing one.
I agree with Anthony @moontheloon response about getting a Premier or better. I bought a Royal Stratoliner last year and sold it after wearing it once. The felt was not much different from a decent wool hat, stitching on the ribbon was awful and it just fit wonky. And with the factory crease the crown is pretty low, make sure you try one on before buying it or the top of your head my be rubbing the inside of the crown.
Richard I will definitely keep your advice in mind. The few hats that I own I’ve had to try on many to find one that fit and felt right. I wear an 7 5/8 - 7 3/4 depending on which hat I have chosen to purchase.
Steven

20s Crofut & Knapp
Cool! We see too few of these C&K hats, and especially one this early. Great crown Justin.

My godfather passed away so a black hat.
Sorry to hear this Joao.

Sage Stratoliner
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! I love mine, don't wear it enough.

Good to see you're up and about again, Mike.
Barbisio and a nutria. Now I'm all jealous! Like to see more of that one, Mike.
This little Lobbia came by way of Daniele a while back. Nice felt, I put a diamond crease into it for casual wear. I figure that "Rat Gondin" must be Italian for "big old hairy rat"!

One of my favorites Greg, super hat.

I hope I'm not too late for SHARKS' GILL WEDNESDAY...

M&K Custom Hatters of Los Angeles, early 1940s, I think...
View attachment 104980 View attachment 104981 View attachment 104982
That is gorgeous Charlie, Gills for days.

Hey all!
I was going to wear the Seal Velour today, but this talk of Sharksgill Week made it nervous.
So, I went with this Vanzina of modern manufacture (same sticker as my Borsalino Como) that has the appropriate trim.
Have a great day!