Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
What color is that Casual, JTL?

The color is a match to a 1947 ad touting "Fiesta Oro" as "one of six smart new Fiesta colors." Oro is "gold" in Spanish, and that accurately reflects the hue on this lid...

FiestaOro.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

RobStC

A-List Customer
My newly arrived Mallory 'Eight Fifty'.

DSC01154.jpg

DSC01155.jpg

Came from Chiliarches in Chicago (Thank you again, John) and had a stop chez Optimo en route for a new sweatband and clean/block.

I fell in love with the colours of this one when Chili first posted it, and now I have it in my sticky hands, I find that the felt is amazing - it'll hold virtually any bash instantly and is incredibly supple. Plus, it fits me like a glove.....

I may not be smiling in the pics (come on, Scotsmen don't really 'do' smiling :eek: ), but deep down inside I'm a very happy chap!!

More pics on the Mallory Mile.

RobStC

carouselvic said:
Tom is your hat marked Alessandria on the front of the sweat? If not does it say Ludoela or TA/Ludora on the inside stamp? Also on the stamp does is say Muflone? I own a Boro that looks about the same color. TLH
No Victor, it doesn't have any model designation on the sweatband at all, just these 2 markings plus owner initials that somebody tried to cover up...
borso2-6.jpg

borso2-7.jpg

I call it an Alessandria because it looks just like the late 1980's Alessandria that I have that does have that stenciled across the forehead of the sweatband, just has a wider brim.

billysmom

One Too Many
Great hats today!
JTL, that's a nice warm color on you.
RobStC - you should be delighted with your new lid!

Here's mine for the day - rainy and chilly.

IMG00679-20091009-1126.jpg

Mallory Ten - keeps the rain off my glasses!

Sue

indycop

I'll Lock Up
billysmom said:
Great hats today!
JTL, that's a nice warm color on you.
RobStC - you should be delighted with your new lid!

Here's mine for the day - rainy and chilly.

IMG00679-20091009-1126.jpg

Mallory Ten - keeps the rain off my glasses!

Sue
Love that binding!:eusa_clap

NY_Confidential

Familiar Face
It's all I've got so far! (bought some just now from Johnnyphi, tho)

so.. I'm wearing it today.. tomorrow.. the next day.. until the new ones arrive!

Vintage CHAMP straw fedora. "Cool & Comfortable" Genuine Imported Pavia (A Fine Braid)

100_0906.JPG

100_0910.JPG

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
If there's anything I really need it's a good background for taking pictures. This is my stetson Imperial that needs to be cleaned and flanged. I love the soft pliable felt on this, it's almost fragile feeling.
animperial004.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
redhawks2 said:
If there's anything I really need it's a good background for taking pictures. ...
animperial004.jpg

Good point, RH, and this background works nicely. Every local community college should offer a night class - 'Self Photography for Fedora Lovers'. It would be a short class. The teacher would just send the student(s) to this thread!

;)

:D

NY_Confidential

Familiar Face
redhawks2 said:
If there's anything I really need it's a good background for taking pictures. This is my stetson Imperial that needs to be cleaned and flanged. I love the soft pliable felt on this, it's almost fragile feeling.
animperial004.jpg

poor background aside.. what kind of camera are you using? nice picture.

and yes, Nice hat!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Salt and Pepper

Here's one from last weekend that didn't get posted and should have been - so I'll just squeeze it in here. First ice of the season. 10/3/09.

hpim1676k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe